jeremi3210

Who's all ready for the snow???

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

no but almost a few tears on the way to an Avis rental shop…

I can imagine. 

I haven't been driving my old Ford because it needs the rear axle rebuilt but I found that out in my own driveway

• Like 4

Horse Newbie
13 hours ago, kpinnc said:

You fellas up north can keep the snow. I am not a fan.

North Carolina snow is fine with me- if it comes at all, here today and gone tomorrow because it's 75 degrees. I can only remember twice in my 50 years that snow stayed on the ground for a week. 

:text-yeahthat:

Horse Newbie
13 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

think it was 4 years ago we had a base of over 5 feet

You call that a base ?… I call that Ice Age !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

You call that a base ?… I call that Ice Age !

We do some snowshoeing to keep active during the winter. 

One trip we walked out the back door (daylight ranch so it's ground level) like we almost always do. 

Climbed up on the snowbank and went for a woods hike. 

When we came back in we followed our same prints.  We noticed a black spot in the snow that wasn't there a couple hours prior. 

It was the TOP of our gas grille cover. 

• Haha 4

Snoopy11
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

needs the rear axle rebuilt

Yet another reason that I need to come to Maine... I could fix that for you for the cost of parts...  :thumbs:

Maine is so far though... :angry-banghead:

Don

pfrederi
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Well… long story short I have a couple tractors ready, but my plow truck is 2 states away with a bad ring and pinion… :eusa-doh:

Think that was why I advised to NEVER buy a used truck that had seen a snow plow:P

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Two 520s ready to rock. One with a deuce one with a single. Deuce has double link chains for going "off road"! 

I have a blade for the atv too should sell it lest I mess up the old lady's driveway. Haven't had it mounted in years. 

What's up with the shovel head Jer? Check it out @Achto... thinkin the Fonz may have scooted on it!  When's the last time you seen a king queen seat!?!?!  Oh maybe when the queen was about 100 lbs lighter!.. ok  all fairness I was a little lighter then too.... Needs some fishtails taller than the seat tho...:laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

jeremi3210
10 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

What's up with the shovel head Jer? Check it out @Achto... thinkin the Fonz may have scooted on it!  When's the last time you seen a king queen seat!?!?!  Oh maybe when the queen was about 100 lbs lighter!.. ok  all fairness I was a little lighter then too.... Needs some fishtails taller than the seat tho...:laughing-rolling:

Edited 4 minutes ago by WHX??

That's my 76ish sporty, it's straight piped right now, but fish tails would look cool on it! It is raked out on a custom frame. Haven't had it out a hole lot yet. Kick start only and it skips once in awhile. Don't want to get sportster knee!!!

• Like 5

Pullstart
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I can imagine. 

I haven't been driving my old Ford because it needs the rear axle rebuilt but I found that out in my own driveway

I made it 296 miles from my driveway to find that out!  :ROTF:

30 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Think that was why I advised to NEVER buy a used truck that had seen a snow plow:P

Yeah, I know it wasn’t meant to be our daily driver… but the daily driver is in the shop getting unnecessary work done :rolleyes:

Achto
39 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

What's up with the shovel head Jer? Check it out @Achto..

You know my feelings on iron heads. Those feelings are even stronger towards an XLCH. But keeping old iron alive is still important so I can appreciate them...from a distance.:)

22 minutes ago, jeremi3210 said:

Don't want to get sportster knee!!!

Been there, didn't like it. :snooty: Hyper extension sucks.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??
28 minutes ago, jeremi3210 said:

Kick start only and it skips once in awhile. Don't want to get sportster knee!!!

Ahhh ... been there done that! '77 XLCH I believe it was. Like I always said nothin wrong with a white  ... best not use that saying in today's age ... you really wanna get the knee go back a few more years when a sporty had a magneto.... then Look out! :angry-fire:

11 minutes ago, Achto said:

You know my feelings on iron heads. 

No guts no glory.... sides all we could afford in the day!

27 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

but the daily driver is in the shop getting unnecessary work done :rolleyes:

You ......just..... ain't. .... right......:laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jeremi3210
7 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Ahhh ... been there done that! '77 XLCH I believe it was. Like I always said nothin wrong with a white  ... best not use that saying in today's age ... you really wanna get the knee go back a few more years when a sporty had a magneto.... then

Never played with one with a mag, but I've heard lots of gory stories about them!!!

Edited by jeremi3210

WHX??
7 minutes ago, jeremi3210 said:

Never played with one with a mag, but I've heard lots of gory stories about them!!!

Oh yeah baby.... not only did you have a chance of getting bird legged. ... next kick and you didn't have the mag set right n you was going over the bars! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

jeremi3210
3 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Oh yeah baby.... not only did you have a chance of getting bird legged. ... next kick and you didn't have the mag set right n you was going over the bars! :lol:

Back then if you wanted to ride you you really had to want to!!!

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??

So true ... especially if you was a "prospect" for a club! Really glad them days are past. 

Sorry for goin :offtopic:Jer but it's all good. 

Back to gettin ready for snow we had about two inches up Conover way this past weekend but just not enough to warrant seat time. 'Sides ground not really froze so woulda been tossing more rocks than snow. Gotta half @$$ed  idea to start plowing up there again.

Last year lost the 3/8 rod the holds the blower to the front of the attach so just used a  piece  of all tread had laying around .. really should fix that permanent.... nawww... ride it like ya stole it.... back to the biker thing! :lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

kpinnc
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We do some snowshoeing to keep active during the winter.

I eat, drink beer, and watch TV. It is possible this is why I'm 25lbs heavier now than when in my 20s... :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Pullstart
13 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I can imagine. 

*tangent/off topic warning* :ROTF:

we went to a Celebration of Life on Sunday.  42 years old, 3 sons and a wife without a dad/husband.  The officiant said “never say “I know how you feel.” because only those kids and wife lost Kyle the way he was to them.”  Being able to relate is another subject… but only that person truly knows how they feel.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

*tangent/off topic warning* :ROTF:

we went to a Celebration of Life on Sunday.  42 years old, 3 sons and a wife without a dad/husband.  The officiant said “never say “I know how you feel.” because only those kids and wife lost Kyle the way he was to them.”  Being able to relate is another subject… but only that person truly knows how they feel.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

One of the many things I've learned over the last eight or ten years....

I've crashed and burned, and I've lived and learned.

:occasion-snowman:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart
31 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I've learned over the last eight or ten years....

you doubled in age!?  I thought you’re 5?  :ROTF:

• Haha 1

Retired Wrencher
20 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

We have the same engine but on a narrower case. Ours is 24" wide. That will throw light fluffy snow 35 to 45ft with ease.

I also have an approximately 2005 Simplicity model 1390e. 

That's a 13 horsepower engine as well with a 38" wide cut!

That has a governor like any other small engine & it also has some sort of torque multiplier built into it. It's been indicated to me in the past that it was meant to be more of a solid surface sidewalk blower and designed to throw the snow only about 20 ft which isn't super helpful in our large wide yard. Combine that with the fact that it is so incredibly heavy. 275 or 280 lb I believe. The thing just tosses you around like a rag doll while you're trying to use it on a gravel surface.

I stopped using it two seasons ago and I'm likely going to sell it fairly soon here...

I agree. When you look at these you say man that is a blower. BIG AND HEAVEY. 28" was the smallest size that year. The thing is a tank. They are rated at 50'.

THIS TOP-OF-THE-LINE SNO-THRO® COMMANDS THAT SNOW BOW DOWN TO ITS KING

The Professional Series earns its name by the tonnage it clears during each use. The deepest, heaviest snowfalls are no match for this 420cc engine. A giant 23.5” housing height and 16” serrated auger scarf down mountainous drifts with ease, throwing snow up to 60 feet. You don’t need to be a professional to own one, only the desire to move as much as possible in as little time as possible. Throw like the pros with this machine. 

Edited by Retierd Wrencher
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

you doubled in age!?  I thought you’re 5?  :ROTF:

10 years ago I was 15.....

• Haha 1

Snoopy11
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I've crashed and burned, and I've lived and learned.

:text-yeahthat:

Me to, Eric.  :thumbs:

Don

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
19 hours ago, kpinnc said:

25lbs heavier

Just 25 ?

WHX??

Not sorry guys but gotta call dibs on the loader tractor @953 nut :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3