Gregor

The reconfiguration conclomoration

Gregor

Since I am starting the reassembly, I thought I would share it here. It's not a :wh: but some may still find it interesting, and in the end, it will be red.

20211113_084302.jpg.f73676515a4f6d4721a17c4104576c1d.jpg

• Like 6

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  What was it?

Gregor

245847873_mf167242021(2).jpg.f516b938ed8d5789b4ea22a4be03bedc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

:USA:

I'll follow along....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11

:popcorn: 

Don

Gregor

This will have to do for the day. Time for supper. The hydraulic cylinders, hoses, and valves are something I have never messed with before this tractor, I hope I don't regret it. I guess I just have to figure out how to purge the air when the time comes. I haven't done anything with the wheels and tires, as I don't know what I am going to do yet. All in all it's going back together pretty well. A little slower than taking it apart, but it's a lot cleaner work. I only had to back up once. Got a little ahead of myself. I hate it when that happens. Tomorrow is another day.20211113_184353.jpg.b8b9365e129af20945442176f10783d3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Achto
35 minutes ago, Gregor said:

This will have to do for the day. Time for supper. The hydraulic cylinders, hoses, and valves are something I have never messed with before this tractor, I hope I don't regret it

Looks great so far. :handgestures-thumbupright:

If you find that you don't do well with hydraulics, stay away from Case hydro GT's. They are nothing but hydraulic hoses from one end to the other.

• Like 1

Maxwell-8
8 hours ago, Gregor said:

This will have to do for the day. Time for supper. The hydraulic cylinders, hoses, and valves are something I have never messed with before this tractor, I hope I don't regret it. I guess I just have to figure out how to purge the air when the time comes. I haven't done anything with the wheels and tires, as I don't know what I am going to do yet. All in all it's going back together pretty well. A little slower than taking it apart, but it's a lot cleaner work. I only had to back up once. Got a little ahead of myself. I hate it when that happens. Tomorrow is another day.

Did you had the frame and bodypanels sandblasted?

Gregor
14 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Did you had the frame and bodypanels sandblasted?

No, I didn't have anything blasted. Probably should have.

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, Gregor said:

. I guess I just have to figure out how to purge the air when the time comes

Looks great. 

It's entirely possible you won't need to purge air. 

Not familiar with yours of course .. lots of hydraulic systems are self purging.  

wallfish
13 hours ago, Gregor said:

I guess I just have to figure out how to purge the air when the time comes

Make sure reservoir is full. Just operate all of the hydraulics and the air will be expelled when the return oil reaches the reservoir. I would drive it first to get any air out of the trans before doing anything else. Re fill the reservoir often to replace the oil that displaced the air. Air in the circuit will make things feel " spongy " because air compresses. Continue to operate the system to expel all of the air if that's the condition. Hot oil releases the air quicker because it's not as thick of a viscosity so run it until it's all warmed up. :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Gregor
23 hours ago, wallfish said:

Make sure reservoir is full.

I don't have a reservoir per se, just fluid in the Sundstrand trans.

The tractor has a new wiring harness with a couple of in-line fuses added. Making a new harness is one of those time consuming tedious jobs I don't really like, but am glad I did it when it's done. The dash, tail lights, and a few decals have been added. It also got it's heart back. The K341 is back in place. Not as simple to do as it might seem. The drive shaft has to be slid on to the trans,  the oil drain pipe has to be in the hole, all while jostling the motor into place. I don't know what a K341 weighs, but it's all I wanted. That $79 Harbor Freight electric winch was worth every penny. The motor is simply setting there for now. Not wired up, or control cables connected yet. I have to find a place for my electric fuel pump.

20211115_075705.jpg.556aa7cd1930f4eeaa80cbac233b4ba2.jpg20211115_075711.jpg.671179cfa025edf76681ec6ffa92df2b.jpg20211115_075655.jpg.cc3fce8f41e77aed94dfcf6418505671.jpg

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Gregor said:

K341 weighs

Depending what parts are on it they are around 125, 130 lb.

That tractor is coming together nicely.

wallfish
7 hours ago, Gregor said:

I don't have a reservoir per se, just fluid in the Sundstrand trans.

Yup, whatever holds the oil is the reservoir

Gregor

I'm getting closer, but I have been out here since 2 AM and I'm getting kind-a tired. I knew I should not have messed with the hydraulics. I have no experience with it, and I should have left it alone. I worked with it over 2 hours. No forward, no reverse. I kept adding fluid. More than I thought I lost. I went to the store and bought some more. Filled it over full. Still, no forward, no reverse. I read my manual, adjusted everything one way, then the other. I even partially took apart one of my other Masseys to make sure I had everything put together right. I did. Two hours and I am getting no where. :confusion-confused:  What to do now? :confusion-shrug: THEN IT HIT ME ! :eusa-doh:This is a 2 speed Sundstrand, and the high / low selector is in Neutral ! :angry-banghead: Put a trans in gear and they work quite well. Sometimes I really hate me.  Of course now I have waaaaay too much trans fluid in it, so I have to drain a little off. Draining a little off is tough when you drop the plug in the bucket. :angry-screaming:

After all is said and done, the 341 is running good, and the trans seems to be working fine. I have a couple of pieces at the weld shop, getting straightened out, and I have a couple more pieces to fabricate, but that will be tomorrow. I still don't know what I am doing for tires and wheels yet.

20211115_161728.jpg.7f794a59364f80ec422365b17c9efe13.jpg

20211115_153552.jpg.815ee1ca21993ccd4f877451ce5e41b9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Ahh the slings and arrows...

But hey!

Ya learnt you something though eh??

I've tried to operate unplugged power tools more times than I care to admit...

8ntruck

Yup.  I've started measuring to replace 'clogged' fuel line until I got to the fuel tank shut off valve - which was off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gregor

It's all back together again, sort-a. I took the wheels, tires, and seat off of one of my other Masseys for now. I have a seat on order, but I haven't decided about tires yet. I am satisfied with the paint job, being it was my first try with a gun. It's not as good as what my nephew painted for me, but then he knows what he's doing. Me?  Not so much. I haven't received my engine decals yet, I don't know what the hold up there is. Went on it's maiden voyage up and down the street a couple times, everything worked as it should. Might have to adjust the brakes a little tighter.

231746204_20211116_155650(2).jpg.abd82032476401ac1cde5633f8c61831.jpg723994402_20211116_160022(2).jpg.ec979818903549102d651c60c0ee7a8e.jpg150478524_20211116_155827(2).jpg.6c78dbefd72bcab29efae4ad4c049f1f.jpg1137599593_20211116_160235(2).jpg.ef6b4737091dbdad8176a8bff31b4d81.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

ebinmaine

Excellent work Sir. 

Those are a nice looking rig. 

• Thanks 1