Andy N.

Nice tool box!

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 8.54.37 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Pullstart

Nice cup!

squonk

Ah yes. The Days of Snap on and Mac Tools. What a time to be alive! Back in the old days, the tool dealers were older established family men. They made a good living and helped you out some. I remember smashing my 12 Volt Snap On test light when closing a hood. He gave me a new one and warrantied it! Then there was the time a different Snap On dealer and the Mac Dealer were trying to sell me a new box. The Snap On guy was pushing this giant box. He was even going to throw in a stool for free so I could see in the top of the box! I'm 6'1" and dins't want a box I had to climb something to use. Mac won.

Bought my last box around '92. I tipped it over about 4 years ago and damaged 4 drawers and runners. Mac sent me new parts to fix it for FREE!!! :banana-jumprope:

5b70b37f552c1_bench001.JPG.d3dc233c098ada1f0ac81b44137c8447.JPG

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, squonk said:

. I tipped it over

Is that why you are so quick to point out my drawers being open and too full?  Here I thought it was a 30+ year old’s right of passage… like can’t trust a fart!  :ROTF:

squonk
3 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Is that why you are so quick to point out my drawers being open and too full?  Here I thought it was a 30+ year old’s right of passage… like can’t trust a fart!  :ROTF:

One never jokes about their drawers being full! :lol:

I went to move it one day without locking the drawers. As it was rolling one of the wheels hit something on the floor and stopped it dead. All of the drawers flew open and down the entire thing went. :(

• Sad 2

rjg854

Knowing how much stuff you got crammed into those drawers, that had to be one mell of a hess. :eusa-doh:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, squonk said:

One never jokes about their drawers being full! :lol:

He who farts in church sits in his own pew.

76c12091520h

I did the exact opposite of this back in September. Outgrew the overpriced Snap-on toolbox I purchased 20 years ago, sold that for what I had in it and bought a more appropriate sized box.....

20210912_141741[1].jpg

20210906_202557[1].jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 76c12091520h said:

a more appropriate sized box.....

20210906_202557[1].jpg

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 hour ago, 76c12091520h said:

I did the exact opposite of this back in September. Outgrew the overpriced Snap-on toolbox I purchased 20 years ago, sold that for what I had in it and bought a more appropriate sized box.....

I originally thought about buying a US General 72 to go alongside the 44" set I already own. Nice boxes and I could have went to the new store they opened up about an hour away and paid cash for it and been done. Main reason I decided to go ahead with the Snap-On box was the opportunity to build my credit. I love my small town bank, and the fact that I can call my banker on his personal cell if I need to, and he will tell me to write the check for whatever it is I want to purchase. I honestly believe I could call him tomorrow and tell him I wanted to buy a quarter section of land and he'd tell me to go for it. But the main downfall of that bank, as well as many other small town banks across the country...they don't loan money for houses, or any other land with permanent structures for that matter. So I needed some way to build some kind of credit, I looked into a couple secured credit cards, and seriously thought about them as well. But then this opportunity came about, and I figured why not. I can make the weekly payments on time, or pay double every week same as I already do with my truck account and save some on the high interest over time, build a credit score, and have something nice to show for my hard work and something I can use as well.

• Like 2