Maxwell-8

California’s New Motor Law

953 nut
23 hours ago, wh500special said:

I'm not sure all states will follow the CA lead on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see the other states who usually adopt CA's automotive emission standards quickly sign up for the same measures

Steve, thank you for a well thought out and equally well presented presentation on the new motor law. The one factor that probably will slow the adoption of this law in most other states is the lack of a unified manufacturer lobbying effort. In the case of the automobile industry, they needed all states to adopt the same clean air standards to make cleaner auto emissions a reality. I don't think it is likely that there will be such a strong push when it comes to lawn equipment. Many manufacturers already produce battery lawn equipment, I have used a battery powered weed eater for a dozen or more years. 

Consumer demand and price competitive products will make the conversion to electric power happen. The battery powered Ryobi riding mower my sister-in-law has is what she needs for her yard. It would need to be recharged three or four times for my yard so there is no one size fits all.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1