Jacob S

How does the snow blower hook up to the lift arm

Jacob S

I got this new snowblower from  Ed from the Wheel horse meet and greet and I was wondering where you attach the lift mechanism. I know it does not go to the lift arm that the mower deck goes to ,but the other one.I am confused how to get it there if anyone can help me that would be great.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jacob S

peter lena

@Jacob S blower is common , that very short frame set up is not , others will give you pictures of the longer rear end hook up , middle lift mount point , on the longer frame , pete

• Like 1

Jacob S

Thank you so it will not work? He said he would use it on a gt 14

stevasaurus

Something is not right with the length of that bar coming off the blower.  The lift bar.  Usually is a 2 piece tube with one piece inside the other attached to your lift bar.  Pulling back on your lift pushes the tube lifting the blower.  

2011_1219new0008.JPG

2011_1219new0013.JPG

2011_1219new0016.JPG

Jacob S

Thanks do you now any won who I could buy it off of

stevasaurus

My pictures are of a short frame tractor set up.  I believe you can make that blower work with possibly some fabrication or the right lift tubing.  Is there a model number on that blower??  What is the model number of your tractor??

stevasaurus

cb9bc073.jpg

Ed Kennell

That blower appears to have the frame mounting kit, not the attach-a-matic. 

It should be bolted to the tractor frame rails using the long 3/8" bolt thru the existing holes at the front  of the frame. 

The stepped bushings should be turned around with the small end fitting in the holes of the blower frame.

As noted above, the push/lift bar shown is not factory.    It may work with some altewration of it's length.    It has to be attached to the correct hole as indicated in the above drawing.

BTW, the side plate wings are installed backwards.  The small front edge should be parralel to the sides of the blower so they slice into the snow.

• Like 1

Jacob S

Thanks guys, it was free so I did not have high expectations for it but I will do everything to it like you guys said thank you again

Jacob S

So the snowblower goes through the frame but will we have to change the belt because I had it on the attached your Mattick and  the belt  had tension?

gwest_ca

The GT-14 uses a 5/8" x 83" belt.

I think you need a 5/8" x 69" belt.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, Jacob S said:

So the snowblower goes through the frame but will we have to change the belt because I had it on the attached your Mattick and  the belt  had tension?

The belt in your picture is not routed correctly.   After you move the blower rearward to the frame mounting holes, the belt will be loose. Then it will have to be routed around the two spring loaded tensioning pulleys.

• Excellent 1

Jacob S

Thank you all