Paul Dietrich

For the Onan Gu-Roo's

Paul Dietrich

I have a question.....I noticed a slight oil leak coming from the right side of the engine on my 520 H. It's right below the clutch pulley at the base of the engine. The leak is coming from an Allen Head set screw. I took the set screw out, applied silicone then reinstalled. My question is what is the purpose of this set screw....Thanks in advance...

Handy Don
38 minutes ago, Paul Dietrich said:

I have a question.....I noticed a slight oil leak coming from the right side of the engine on my 520 H. It's right below the clutch pulley at the base of the engine. The leak is coming from an Allen Head set screw. I took the set screw out, applied silicone then reinstalled. My question is what is the purpose of this set screw....Thanks in advance...

Picture please?

lynnmor

Some Onans had more than one port for oil draining, if it is a pipe thread that may be what you are looking at.  A photo would be a big help.

Paul Dietrich

Sorry about no picture, I really don't know how to get one on here. I'll try to figure it out. Lynnmor, I don't think it's a oil drain, it's only a 1/4 " set screw. As I said thanks for any reply's .......

onanparts.com
On 10/22/2021 at 6:17 PM, Paul Dietrich said:

Sorry about no picture, I really don't know how to get one on here. I'll try to figure it out. Lynnmor, I don't think it's a oil drain, it's only a 1/4 " set screw. As I said thanks for any reply's .......

Multiple adapters and PTO configurations for the Onan's. Tapped and plugged is not unusual. A high temp RTV or liquid teflon pipe dope works fine to seal them up.

Paul Dietrich

I removed the set screw applied red R.T.V., no leak, thanks for every ones reply's ...........

WheelhorseBob

One of these guys? If so I do not know what they are for. Onan parts is most likely correct.

image.jpg