Sign in to follow this  
Suburban 550

Just My Opinion

Suburban 550

I have been a member of Redsquare since January 2008 and joined because the love of the little red tractors and a place for getting and giving information to people who need it. It was a great forum to belong to and met alot of great people along the way. After reading the closed post this morning this place has turned into a battle ground. I have friends on both sides of the battle so it makes it difficult to write this post. I seen the battle erupt over the most childless stuff like my paint is better than yours and my tractor is better than yours, my tractor is a worker and my tractor is a trailer queen. What started out as a friendly forum has turned into jealousy, hatred, and alot of hard feelings for no reason. I think we are all old enough to stop acting like children and bury the hatchet. My philosophy on life is to "treat people like I like to be treated". I have never posted anything negative against anyone and don't think I ever will. Just my 2 cents.

Gene_S

Your 100% right Suburban 550. Nothing I hate more is people picking on what other people say!!! It's one thing to be a know it all but it's another thing to make sure everyone knows it!!! Sad thing is most times it is a couple of the people that are in charge of this community of Wheel Horse collectors!!!

Bill

We have lost too many good members due this this Childish B/S :thumbs2: Just my 2 cents worth

kpinnc

You are absolutely correct Ray. I'm certain I was a bit ticked last night, and I'm sure my post sounded that way. My apologies to anyone whom I may have offended.

Sad thing is most times it is a couple of the people that are in charge of this community of Wheel Horse collectors!!!

I truly hope you don't feel that way Gene. It is exactly what I try to avoid- and I try to discourage others from it as well.

What I have tried to do in each of my "Mod" posts is to make clear that no one here should tell anyone else what to do with their tractors, nor appear to set some standard others have to follow. Each member here has the right to post up questions, pictures, thoughts and opinions of their own machines. What I've tried very hard to do is make sure none of the members here "shoot down" such things. If you want to do something with your machine, then no one here should call you stupid for doing it. That includes the oil you use, the paint you use, the parts you use, any engine re-powers you may use, or what you actually use the tractor for. No one here has the right to make it seem that there are unwritten standards for what we do with our tractors. After all, the ONE thing all of us have in common is a love for these tractors, and a desire to keep the one(s) we have in usable condition- whether they be workers or display items.

There are several Moderators and two Administrators on this site. Though you don't hear something from all of them all of the time, many of the issues on this site are discussed in the Mod forum regularly. In most cases, there is an opportunity for those individuals to discuss what to or not to do about any given issue. Sometimes, that isn't the case and whoever finds a problem first deals with it. With the post we are talking about, I found it first and responded as I saw fit. Reading back over it today I assure you I can see where I could have chosen my words more carefully, but the principle for which I closed the thread still stands. I have no intentions for stepping back from calling someone out for making any condescending remarks about the practice of another member in our hobby on this site. That is the wrong thing to do- regardless of who does it here.

Again, thank you Ray. It seems your's was the most level-headed response to all of this.

Kevin

Gene_S

Kevin, My response had nothing to do with your response on the other post I never even read. The two times I read responses from other Mod was smart ass and childish. And when Suburban 550 brought it up I voiced my opinion.

I had my Wheel Horse tractors long before I found this place and I will have them long after...

Thanks,

Gene :thumbs2:

kpinnc

I thought it probably wasn't towards me, but just wanted to be sure. Thank you Gene!

And I agree- No matter what happens here, I'll continue to enjoy my tractors. Given how much this site has done for my hobby, it's a shame to even contemplate such a thing.

Kevin

Gene_S

Kevin your welcome!!! This is a great site with alot of great people!!!

""Your tractor may be yellow and green but my tractor is red and mean!!!""

Thanks,

Gene :thumbs2:

Lane Ranger

AMEN to you all!

Suburban 550

I only hope we learn something from our past mistakes and try to make this a better forum. I'm really glad all of you voiced your opinion and agreed with me on this matter. As far as the moderators are concerned I only hope you close these threads that you see getting out of hand immediately before they escalate. Hopefully, there will be no more hard feelings. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

:thumbs2: