Gregor

For Painting Pros

Gregor

This is my Lawn Boy Loafer.

20211002_155241.jpg.083671d98a65b9da76cfec89a64f701a.jpg

This is my Lawn Boy Loafer after 45 minutes with a rattle gun. The painted pieces anyway.

20211010_143353.jpg.1c3913a94911434a145e48cb311f0509.jpg20211010_143419.jpg.0723139594f6d42e8870c039d5c223aa.jpg20211010_143340.jpg.a5ff84e8a0452d52c223ca92f740af16.jpg

I am going to take everything to the media blaster, and have it cleaned up. Some of the smaller parts, I will do myself. After they are blasted, I will take it all to a REAL painter, and have it painted, He will have to prep it, whatever that entails, prime it and paint it. I will buy the blue paint, his primer and hardener. If I can have some of the paint custom mixed, and put into a rattle can, I will do some smaller stuff myself. There are 37 pieces total. For size reference, the mower deck measures about, 30 X 30. Anyone care to estimate what a REAL painter will charge me to do this job?  Thanks  Greg

Jeff-C175

I have no idea on what they might charge, but can't wait to see the finished product!  You do awesome work!

I've been wanting to try this 2K paint for some time now.

I wish I had remembered about it when I was doing my snow thrower!

Products - Car-Rep Automotive Products | U.S.

I may still go with the Clear Coat over the Regal Red.

Unfortunately, the only color coats they have are gloss and satin black, and gloss white.  They say OK to top coating 'most' color coats with their clear. I think one of the exceptions stated was "some Alkyd" paints.  I think Rustoleum is an Alkyd paint but not sure, so a test would be needed.

I might use the primer and clear coat when I do my hood.  I can do the black part in the Satin Black.  Too bad they don't have a satin clear coat! (IF I ever get to it!)

Edited by Jeff-C175

rmaynard

I'm only guessing, but my wife had a less than 1 square foot area of her Subaru prepped and painted where she clipped a yellow plastic pole in a parking garage. There was no body work other than to pop out one small dent, then prep and paint. The total cost was a little over $1200.00. I think that your job will probably be more than that. 

Jeff-C175
10 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

a little over $1200.00

:omg:

Did they tell you that before you said "OK" ?

(maybe insurance covered it?)

Gregor
16 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I'm only guessing, but my wife had a less than 1 square foot area of her Subaru prepped and painted where she clipped a yellow plastic pole in a parking garage. There was no body work other than to pop out one small dent, then prep and paint. The total cost was a little over $1200.00. I think that your job will probably be more than that. 

:scared-shocked:  :omg:  :angry-screaming:  :angry-cussingblack:  :scared-eek:

• Haha 2

rmaynard

I hope I'm wrong. :unsure:

rmaynard
51 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

:omg:

Did they tell you that before you said "OK" ?

(maybe insurance covered it?)

Yes, I knew the cost coming in  All but the deductable was covered.

• Like 1

76c12091520h

I do paint and collision for a living so I can tell you that $1000 isn't out of the question. Depending on the prep work involved. If you just hand your painter the parts, don't have them fix anything (dents, pits, gouges, etc) , they will need to apply some type of epoxy sealer or etch primer, maybe some type of sealer on top of that (depending on the paint manufacturer) , and then paint ; you're looking at $300-$500 in materials + a few hours labor at $50 hr or more depending on your area.