Jhawkins

1276 BELT SIZE

Jhawkins

I HAVE AQUIRED A 1276. THE HYDRO SEEM SLUGISH AT TIMES. IT HAS 10W30 IN IT AND I PLAN ON DRAINING IT AND INSTALLING A NEW FILTER AND FULL SYNTHETIC 10W30. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE PROPER BELT IS IMPORTANT HOWEVER, I'M HAVING TROUBLE ON THE RIGHT SIZE AS THE ONE ON THERE IS RAN INCORRECTLY. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

1276.jpg

RandyLittrell

Here is what goes on my 1277 which I assume will be the same. 

1277 is a 4L780W which is 1/2" x 78"

Hope this helps! 

RAndy

• Like 1

Jhawkins

THANKS!

Jhawkins

NOW THAT I HAVE PUT ON A NEW FILTER AND FLUID IT DOES THE SAME PUT I SEEM TO TRAVEL ALOT FASTER WHEN I AM TURNING LEFT.

RandyLittrell
3 hours ago, Jhawkins said:

NOW THAT I HAVE PUT ON A NEW FILTER AND FLUID IT DOES THE SAME PUT I SEEM TO TRAVEL ALOT FASTER WHEN I AM TURNING LEFT.

Nothing in the system should cause any change in speed when turning, so not sure how to help you there unless you have some wheel bearing issues in the front maybe?? Not likely, but can't really think of anything else to do with turning. 

Randy

• Like 1

pfrederi
1 minute ago, RandyLittrell said:

Nothing in the system should cause any change in speed when turning, so not sure how to help you there unless you have some wheel bearing issues in the front maybe?? Not likely, but can't really think of anything else to do with turning. 

Randy

Bad rear hub key allowing slippage???

Or really off the wall but actually happened to me.  Thought  the belt was slipping on my L-107 replaced it, still seemed to slip marked the hubs to check the keys no problem..Then noticed the rear tire was flat but the side walls are pretty stiff so it wasn't noticeable the bead had loosened and the wheel actually slipped in side the tire....

• Like 2

Jhawkins

I DO HAVE SOME FRONT END ISSUES. I'M REPLACING BEARINGS AND IT SEEMS MY FRONT AXLE HAS ALOT OF PLAY. IM GOING TO REPLACE THE PIN IF I CAN FIND A GOOD ONE AND SEE WHAT THAT DOES. HOPEFULLY I DONT HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE FRONT AXLE,

RandyLittrell
9 minutes ago, Jhawkins said:

I DO HAVE SOME FRONT END ISSUES. I'M REPLACING BEARINGS AND IT SEEMS MY FRONT AXLE HAS ALOT OF PLAY. IM GOING TO REPLACE THE PIN IF I CAN FIND A GOOD ONE AND SEE WHAT THAT DOES. HOPEFULLY I DONT HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE FRONT AXLE,

I just posted a thread on repairing spindles with JB weld, take a look and maybe that is something that might help you out. It might work on the pivot pin as well, not sure without see

Randy

Jhawkins

Thanks Randy. I have a big 220 welder that and different grinders that I could build it up and then grind it back to normal. I might try that. 

Skipper

You might want to check the linkage too, but likely not the cause of sluggishness.

Jhawkins

I checked the linkage two days ago and it all looks good. 

ri702bill

Since the axle pivot pin is a simple weldment, you may wish to make a new one rather that attempt to grind your welded up repair back to shape?? The pivot pin only wears on the bottom due to the weight of the tractor - that is where you ground weld will be. You could grind off the existing weld, rotate the locking tab 180 degrees and reweld it instead.

I recently posted a thread under Restorations and Modifications about drilling & reaming the axle pivot and spindle bores to accept bronze bearings - done a few and it works well.

Bill

• Like 1

Jhawkins

Just ordered one

• Like 1