AHS

Craftsman electric wood splitter

AHS

I didn’t even knew Craftsman made wood splitters, much less electric! It has a long screw attached to the electric motor… it splits in both directions! Now I need to know about the switch (which is missing)….. I would assume the yellow are nutreal and the red/brown is just forward or reverse?

F66B245F-B3E8-41DC-88F7-504506DF4393.jpeg

C6B86EF1-D7DC-4BE7-A338-00091EE26272.jpeg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Well there's one I hadn't heard of...

• Like 1

WHX??
50 minutes ago, AHS said:

I would assume the yellow are nutreal and the red/brown is just forward or reverse?

I would not assume anything until you are eyeballing a wiring diagram. An AC motor does not reverse quite as easy as a DC motor. A special drum style switch is required. 

As with all of crapsman stuff this was made by others and a sticker put on it. See if you can find a model number on it to google  for parts or wiring. 

• Like 4

1995 520H+96+97

image.png.6e1d3e689de847033cd9a99a9f624a51.png

• Like 4

AHS

Wow! A part number! Something I didn’t find on it! No parts number on the wood splitter. Maybe it is DC… I know how hard it is to reverse an AC motor. I’ll check the part numbers first though! 

gwest_ca

AHS

Oh ya, it seems like those! The craftsman parts list showed a rectifier…. Those convert AC to DC? It has a regular plug on the schematic. It may be a dc

motor. 

Handy Don

Yeah, with a rectifier (aka diode bridge) of sufficient amperage capacity it could be a reversible DC motor.