Jimdad85

Cant beat a dead horse

Achto
1 minute ago, Jimdad85 said:

Ok also, they said that this is a 15hp briggs...any truth in that?

Need numbers to verify that. There should be number stamped into the fan shroud, usually near the top but could be else where on the shroud.

Jimdad85

Oh thats awesome, thank you. The big heavy duty push buttun would go in the dash where it says starter then?

pfrederi

Look on the bottom of the regulator..is there a terminal there?

There are 3 and 4 terminal regulators either can work for you

4 terminal the one on the bottom goes to A on the Genny. F to Field , B to battery and L to the lights /lighter

3 terminal one will be F goes to F on genny, one will be Gen (or G) goes to A on genny, One will be B battery goes to + on battery

Edited by pfrederi

pfrederi
1 minute ago, Jimdad85 said:

Oh thats awesome, thank you. The big heavy duty push buttun would go in the dash where it says starter then?

Yes

Jimdad85

I will check this tonite..both the regulator and motor serial numbers...am i supposed to be quoting text when i respond?? Never done forums before

Achto
22 minutes ago, Jimdad85 said:

IMG_20210920_153740.jpg

The fan shroud on your engine looks more like a Tecumseh than a Brigg & Stratton. Besides the shape, I have not seen an ID tag on a Briggs like the one riveted on the front of yours. 

Edited by Achto

pfrederi
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

Than fan shroud on your engine looks more like a Tecumseh than a Brigg & Stratton. Besides the shape, I have not seen an ID tag on a Briggs like the one riveted on the front of yours. 

Agree hole in shroud for fuel line looks Techy...

Briggs Stamped ID ##

Edited by pfrederi

Jimdad85
5 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Agree hole in shroud for fuel line looks Techy...

Briggs Stamped ID ##

I will go home after work and check the tag. Thank you guys

Jimdad85

And here we go..let the games begin😊

IMG_20210928_093604308.jpg

Jimdad85

Getting an early stary to the day...

IMG_20210928_100157904.jpg

• Like 1

Gregor
14 hours ago, Jimdad85 said:

You can install a "big heavy duty button" to start your motor, but you are still going to need some way to shut it off. A key switch would.

Jimdad85

There is a plunger style switch on/off labeled ignition in the wires seem to run inside the motor which I would assume would be for the coil I believe that is some sort of kill switch

Gregor
19 minutes ago, Jimdad85 said:

Getting an early stary to the day...

IMG_20210928_100157904.jpg

Could be, and BRING BACK MY CHEESE BALLS !:ranting:

• Haha 1

Jimdad85

Cheeseballs make a great carb cleaner...everyone knows this. I believe i have a stuck valve🙄. Motor turns freely by hand so far each direction..then "stops" dont want to force it..creeping oil down spark hole and wait..any other ideas

Gregor
3 minutes ago, Jimdad85 said:

Cheeseballs make a great carb cleaner...everyone knows this. I believe i have a stuck valve🙄. Motor turns freely by hand so far each direction..then "stops" dont want to force it..creeping oil down spark hole and wait..any other ideas

Pull the head, or remove breather cover and check valve movement

Jimdad85

Well I have good news and bad news was able to get the motor to turn several rotations using the flywheel and some love valves both up open and close but when I pass the tight spot there's a very tight high pitched squeak there is oil in the crankcase I don't know if that's a flat spot on a bearing or what you think that might be

pfrederi

Looks like a big mouse nest in the hole for the fuel line in the air shroud.  You have a Sears engine made by Tecumseh.  HH100 I would think.

Could be solid state ignition  be careful.  I will have to look up some stuff.

Edited by pfrederi

Jimdad85

Well I'm glad to hear it's a Tecumseh I grew up with uncles and grandparents telling me it's got to have a Tecumseh Jim. Valves are not stuck so that's good just jump to the armature post on the starter motor and we have nice good rotation spools right up and then also I jumped my positive lead to the field post as I was told in the forum and immediately the motor slowed right down instead of just coasting freely so that's another part of the mystery solved we're getting somewhere

pfrederi

Do you have spark?

Gregor
13 minutes ago, Jimdad85 said:

Well I have good news and bad news was able to get the motor to turn several rotations using the flywheel and some love valves both up open and close but when I pass the tight spot there's a very tight high pitched squeak there is oil in the crankcase I don't know if that's a flat spot on a bearing or what you think that might be

Pull the shroud, and get rid of that mouse nest, or whatever else is in the, before you turn it over anymore. Walnut shells could tear up a coil, or stator pretty quickly.

Jimdad85

It does not turn freely enough to determine that..its a pretty good stick

pfrederi

Be very careful the wire that goes to eh dash switch is probably  a kill wire for the SSI. DO NOT apply any power to it that would destroy the SSI

pfrederi

Before you go too far you should take a look at this service manual.  Techy ignitons are fickle and fragile...

Gregor

I looked at that manual. I could not find any corresponding numbers to identify the engine. Maybe because it was made for Sears?

Jimdad85

So the wires for "ignition" one went to battery and the other grounds behind the shroud with a wire running to the wierd bog thing .coil?

IMG_20210928_111414432.jpg

IMG_20210928_111607292.jpg

IMG_20210928_111628068.jpg