Gregor

Computer gurus?

davem1111
37 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

So... let me see if I have this straight. You... lived/worked near where Jeff does... and now you live/work near where I do... :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

You... must. like. to live near... nuts.... :laughing-rolling:

Don

Thank you so much for noticing that pattern - I'm certain it's not because *I* myself am nuts... :occasion-clown:

I think I'll go consult the member map before making my next move, just to be sure it's safe...  :text-baaa:

• Haha 2

davem1111
21 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Re: Ocean Grove

Probably when had to park your car outside the gates on Sunday if you wanted to go anywhere!  

I was on a crew that painted that old wooden roller coaster in Asbury ... sometime around ...  I'm gonna say 1972 ?  Had to get over my fear of heights for that one!

Used to know a lot of the guys from the Labs.  Grew up just a hop down the road from there.

Small world!

Yes, Ocean Grove had that law (do they still?)  where no cars were allowed on the streets on Sunday. I don't remember details, but we both were pretty beat by the weekend and just hung out there by the beach.  Seems like another lifetime now... I used to drop her at the bus in East Brunswick for her job at Fidelity in Manhattan, then drive to my job at a printing factory in North Brunswick.  Then have a few beers after work till it was time to pick her up at the bus station again. Maybe we left one of our cars in Asbury Park or Spring Lake on the weekend in case we needed to go somewhere, I really don't remember.  That would have been around 1982.

Wow, painting a roller coaster.... sounds exciting and a bit scary. Not sure I would have tried that... :eusa-think:

WHX??
15 hours ago, davem1111 said:

I think I'll go consult the member map before making my next move,

I'll not mention any names but cross Hiram Maine off yer list.... :lol:

• Haha 1

davem1111
24 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I'll not mention any names but cross Hiram Maine off yer list.... :lol:

Too dang cold for my retirement wishes, anyway.  Anyone in the Eastern TN, NW South Carolina, SW North Carolina areas,  I've got eyes on ya. :ph34r::greetings-wavegreen:

• Haha 1

Jeff-C175
4 hours ago, davem1111 said:

do they still?

No.  Can't recall when exactly, but that's been done away with.  

4 hours ago, davem1111 said:

exciting and a bit scary

It was!  But I was a young buck then and immortal.  The company I worked for that summer did all sorts of risky painting, church steeples, etc.  

• Like 1

Lee1977
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

No.  Can't recall when exactly, but that's been done away with.  

It was!  But I was a young buck then and immortal.  The company I worked for that summer did all sorts of risky painting, church steeples, etc.  

Being up high isn't much fun if it isn't moving. Moats and I would go up the forward mast to clean salt off the long wire antennas. The ship was 40 some ft. wide at times you could look straight and only see water, the ship would be back behind you.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
48 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

isn't much fun if it isn't moving

Like radio towers... which I used to also climb.  When you were on a tower looking up at the antenna you were working on, and the clouds were slowly moving above, you would get 'vertigo' because without any position reference you felt as if you were falling in the direction opposite to the clouds moving.  A big golf umbrella zip tied to the tower leg above where you were working would solve that problem.

Edited by Jeff-C175