RENE

Lost most of my fwd and reverse high speed

RENE

I 've noticed for a while now that I don't have the top end speed like I use to. It was especially noticeable today while mowing my lawn. It goes fwd and reverse but the speed has cut down drastically. When in fwd speed, I can walk just as fast if not faster than my tractor and that's not a fast walk. 

I have a  1995 , 314, model 73401 with the hydrostatic drive.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Rene 

Edited by RENE
spelling mistakes

Maxwell-8

Check fluid quality and quantity.

and check you linkage, maybe something is going out reduce the effect of the linkage

• Like 1

Skipper

Adjustment of the parts that pull the go-arm on the hydro unit. Check oil, and filter if it has it. (don't remember if it's an eaton 700 or 1100). Check drivebelt ain't slipping (doubtfull).

Then, try to pull or push something stationary. Will it spin the tires?. If not, you could have a weak hydro unit. Fairly easy swap.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

And, :text-welcomeconfetti: to Redsquare :-)

Edited by Skipper

Snoopy11

Engine rpm? That was the issue with my Zero turn! Lost speed forward and backward... but I increased to 3,600-3,800... now it flies. Before I adjusted via governor linkage, it ran like 3,100.

Wimpy running at 3,100...

Don

RENE

Thanks to everyone. I have it pretty much fixed. It was the linkage. The pivot bolts on the rod ends were a little loose so the bolts were rocking back and forth eating up some of the adjustment which would not allow me to get full throw. It is better now but not like it was when I purchased it new back in 1995.  

• Like 1

953 nut
3 hours ago, RENE said:

not like it was when I purchased it new back in 1995.

:WRS:

I'm not as fast as I was in 1995 either.        :text-lol:              Remove the tunnel cover where  the direction control is located. Sometimes enough grass clippings and junk build up in there to keep the lever from going all the way down.    :twocents-02cents:

• Haha 1

8ntruck

Make sure that the cam between the brake rod and the motion control lever is clean and has full range of motion.  WD40 or MMO might help here.

peter lena

@RENE , those lever end points are typically a loose , sloppy fit . I have washered up all of my linkage up  to firm up movement and lubricated all movement points, made linkage work without effort , pete

Lee1977

The drive belt was slipping on my 520-H when I got it, may have been the original belt it had lost it's original vee shape. It had got rounded up toward the top of the vee.

I replaced it with one from TLC It's faster then it was.