Maxwell-8

Crabs mmhh delicious, too bad the cost €100/kg or 50$/pound...:eusa-shifty: 

• Sad 1

SylvanLakeWH

Yum!

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, Maxwell-8 said:

Crabs mmhh delicious, too bad the cost €100/kg or 50$/pound...:eusa-shifty: 

We do enjoy our crabs.    I'm allowed 1 bushel/day with my $20/year crabbing license.   This year was exceptional and I could catch a bushel in 2 hours.

Live #1 crabs retail for $150- $300/ bushel this year.    Served steamed in the 4-5 star restaurants they fetch $8 to $10 per crab.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

c-series don

Here on eastern Long Island in the back bays and channels and ponds if you know where to look, blue claw crabs 🦀 this time of year are in abundance. Crabbing at night with a light in a flat bottom John boat and a net and of course beer! Sorry no pictures! They are are a bit of work to get the meat out but it’s worth it and half the fun sitting around with family doing it! 

WHX??

Your a sorry sob Ed .. only time I got them is when they hopped down on the bunks above me on the sub. Now you gotta go taunting us with the edible variety.  :lol: Although there was one time when we went to Pompeii Smash crab fest in MD.....

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 4

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

Crabbing at night with a light in a flat bottom John boat and a net

Down here in Joisey we call that "Jackin' "  for some reason.  Don't know why?  We used to go out regularly and do so on the Navesink near Red Bank.

Ed Kennell

I tried the night crabbin thing a few years back.   The skeeters bit better than the crabs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

JoeM

Went down the inner harbor last month to see the Angles play at Candem Yards. Of course we stopped on the way at GM Restaurant and got some Crab cakes, and cream of crab soup, and steak.......well anyway spent a little time out there when our company had their corp. offices in Baltimore. 

There is not much here in SWPA that even comes close to those crab joints out there.

Real lumps in those cakes!

1980321063_GMCrabcakes1.jpg.a6db572b38c98daff9f2241351c41e72.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
8 minutes ago, JoeM said:

Crab cakes, and cream of crab soup, and steak....

Oh yer a savage too Joe ..... you guys need to STOP talking about seafood! :)

• Like 1

rmaynard
3 hours ago, JoeM said:

Went down the inner harbor last month to see the Angles play at Candem Yards. Of course we stopped on the way at GM Restaurant and got some Crab cakes, and cream of crab soup, and steak.......well anyway spent a little time out there when our company had their corp. offices in Baltimore. 

There is not much here in SWPA that even comes close to those crab joints out there.

Real lumps in those cakes!

You're darned tootin' Joe. You have to come to Maryland to get the best crab cakes. However, even in Maryland, not all crab cakes are Jumbo Lump cakes. Places like G&M are well-known to make "real" crab cakes, not wanna be's. 

• Like 3

rmaynard
17 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

We do enjoy our crabs.    I'm allowed 1 bushel/day with my $20/year crabbing license.   This year was exceptional and I could catch a bushel in 2 hours.

Live #1 crabs retail for $150- $300/ bushel this year.    Served steamed in the 4-5 star restaurants they fetch $8 to $10 per crab.

Last steamed crabs I had were at my house in June. We paid $49 per dozen for small/mediums. Just checked current prices over the weekend and found the same dozen to be $59. The price difference is not because of a lack of crabs, but a lack of pickers due to covid restrictions.

I guess I will have to get a licence and pull out the crabbing gear.

• Sad 1