Sign in to follow this  
slim67

Raider 10/ 520H swept axle swap

slim67

I swapped out the original steer axle in my Raider 10 for the swept front axle and steering gear out of a 520H parts donor. It’s been a straight forward swap with the exception of two extra 3/8 holes needing to be drilled . Where the sector goes into the steering gearbox is a slight gap. I can fill that with shims and probably will but has this ever happened to anyone else doing this conversion?

0BD1B87B-FF0F-46B7-AD7B-30AF951AE284.jpeg

A9AEB865-8A3B-4AC4-B276-6ECE5548305D.jpeg

• Like 2

littleredrider

I swapped my 520-8 to the reduction, and think there were some in there already from the donor. 

• Like 1

roadapples

I did this to my C160. I was thinking it was the front two holes that lined up..

slim67
Just now, roadapples said:

I did this to my C160. I was thinking it was the front two holes that lined up..

The fronts need to be drilled yet but I think a few shim washers should close the gap. It would probably be ok like that but since I have final tightened everything,I’ll put them in. This tractor is a work in progress😀

• Like 1

roadapples

I meant I thought the steering block needed slid forward a half inch to the front holes and drill the back ones. Can't  remember for sure. Make sure the gear on the upper steering rod lines up correctly...

• Like 1

slim67
8 hours ago, roadapples said:

I meant I thought the steering block needed slid forward a half inch to the front holes and drill the back ones. Can't  remember for sure. Make sure the gear on the upper steering rod lines up correctly...

It’s already as far forward as it can go. But I think it will be ok after adding shims. It’s about an 1/8 th of an inch. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

I don’t know your fix, but it looks great!

slim67
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

I don’t know your fix, but it looks great!

Thanks Kevin but the 26s are going to be replaced with the 23 Duros on one of my other tractors. Still have to add a hitch and cable and I should be ready to go for October 9th !!

Pullstart
38 minutes ago, slim67 said:

October 9th !!

what’s on the 9th?

slim67
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

what’s on the 9th?

Plow day in western Pennsylvania about 2 hours away from me.

• Like 1