JoeM

RIP "Drill Master"

JoeM

Bought this angle grinder a few years ago on the cheap. Being compact and slightly underpowered, i dedicated it to the "wheels of death".......the wheels finally won out but not after a impressively huge run by the Har-boo Fright "Drill Master"  I tortured the living snot out of this thing, don't think I had much more then ten bucks in it. 

1541644426_DrillMaster1.jpg.b791040d3456530c6be0d23f7a9f9855.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Nothing like getting every ¢ out of a tool.... Many times over. 

Well done. 

MikMacMike

There is a couple things i do to also make them last for years.

1 i try to never cover the vents on the body...it creats big heat inside.

2 during use i never push it hard....creats alot of heat on the peice being worked on especially thin metal and will cause warpage. Letting the tool rev will allow it to cut or clean much faster too.

3 i always try to blow them out....rust and fine metal paticulate accumulates inside.

4 thank the grinding gods for getting one more days use and still having all my fingers lol.

• Like 3

pacer

I have one of the red ones which I'm pretty sure predates the black ... It has to be close to 20yrs and still 'keeps on ticking' I had 2 of them but one gave up 2-3 yrs ago, and that was after 2 brush changes. I abuse the snot out of em too!! I now have it and 2 of the types that are now sold - I really dont see them going 20yrs :eek:

ZXT

I have one as well, got it once on sale, and then 20% coupon on top of that.. Can't complain for what I have in it. Has been good.

EB-80/8inPA

I have that same tool.  It kept cutting out - the cord was bad - it had a pair of like three-strand wires under the insulation.  Cheapest POS I ever saw.  After replacing that, it continues to function surprisingly well.  I figure it will one day either electrocute me or just burst into flames and melt.  But for $10 and a old cord I recycled off a dead Makita drill, I can’t complain. I should find those good old asbestos work gloves…

• Like 1

ZXT
12 minutes ago, EB-80/8inPA said:

I have that same tool.  It kept cutting out - the cord was bad - it had a pair of like three-strand wires under the insulation.  Cheapest POS I ever saw.  After replacing that, it continues to function surprisingly well.  I figure it will one day either electrocute me or just burst into flames and melt.  But for $10 and a old cord I recycled off a dead Makita drill, I can’t complain. I should find those good old asbestos work gloves…

Should be three stranded wires in just about every corded piece of outdoor equipment you use.

EB-80/8inPA
17 minutes ago, ZXT said:

Should be three stranded wires in just about every corded piece of outdoor equipment you use.

These strands were extremely thin, three wires each for the positive and neutral conductors (not three conductors).  I don’t know what gage, but it looked pretty sketchy.  I’d never seen anything like it.

Edited by EB-80/8inPA
  • Like 1