upstateyankee50

charger 10 carb issues

upstateyankee50

well guys I am back again for another issue ;as now I have a  carburetor  problem with my 69 charger with the 10 horse Tecumseh motor it has the model LME-29  carburetor  on it and it always ran fine in the past even with start up 'now for some reason it takes a long time for it to fire  up and at times just about drain the new battery ; the issue is even with trying to start it and finally get it to run on high idle once I engage the blades the motor dies out ;the carb has been rebuilt but I am not  

sure if the repair shop set the idles correctly as once the carb was put back on the motor again it was very hard to get it to run even with a spray in the carb 'so now it is at a repair shop and the owner said it he would check it out the next day well that was last Tuesday and today it is Saturday  ;it seems the owner of the shop decides to to take days off and lets customers mower sit 'well on Friday I was told that he has a very important job to do with another customers lawn mower where does  it takes 3 mechanics to work on just one mower ;so due to the holiday he will not be open till Tuesday and he will jump on it well to me a week of any tractor or mower sitting for that time is really stupid 'so next Tuesday if he has not even looked at it ;it will come back home and in time I will figure it out 'the thing is I did buy a brand new carb from a dealer who said that is the correct one for the 10 horse but odd after switching them out that carb would not even start even with a spray in the carb so it seems I am out  100 bucks for the new one as well ;plus it has all kinds of spark and the plug is new ;again my concern is the electronic  ignition will burn out after cranking it so many times ;so if I could get the correct settings for the LME-29  I might be able to get it to run better 'thanks guys 

thumbnail_20200802_173639.jpg

thumbnail_20200802_173752.jpg

953 nut
9 hours ago, upstateyankee50 said:

10 horse Tecumseh motor it has the model LME-29 

I don'nt have any Techy engines but hope this guide will get yours going.

• Thanks 1

Rusty Tinsnips

WALBRO CARBURETORS. Following are initial carburetor adjustments to be used to start the engine. After the engine has reached operating temperature, make final adjustments. Main Adjustment HH80, 100, 120 Screw VH80, 100, 1-1/2 turns off seat Idle Adjustment HH80, 100 120 Screw VH80 100 1-1/4 turns off seat For proper carburetion the atmospheric vent MUST be open. Examine and clean if necessary

• Thanks 1

upstateyankee50
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I don'nt have any Techy engines but hope this guide will get yours going.

thanks  that will help for sure 

upstateyankee50
5 hours ago, Rusty Tinsnips said:

WALBRO CARBURETORS. Following are initial carburetor adjustments to be used to start the engine. After the engine has reached operating temperature, make final adjustments. Main Adjustment HH80, 100, 120 Screw VH80, 100, 1-1/2 turns off seat Idle Adjustment HH80, 100 120 Screw VH80 100 1-1/4 turns off seat For proper carburetion the atmospheric vent MUST be open. Examine and clean if necessary

thank you for the information