slim67

Is Dennis Thornton still here?

slim67

I usually see Dennis posting here often but haven’t lately. Has anyone seen him aroun these days? Wanted to tell him about another Struck dozer I’ve seen for sale.

• Like 2

Sparky

Tag any member and they’ll be notified that they were mentioned in a post.  
  @DennisThornton

• Like 1

Pullstart

I have noticed that he hits it hard and heavy for a while, then is gone for a bit.  Hope all is well Dennis!

• Like 3

Handy Don
2 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I have noticed that he hits it hard and heavy for a while, then is gone for a bit.  Hope all is well Dennis!

We PMed about a week ago. He said "fine and crazy busy". And that he'll be back online soon.

• Like 3

c-series don

I asked about him around a year ago or so after not hearing from him for a while, then he showed back up here and then disappeared? Reason being is that I always enjoyed his input. 

• Like 3

Pullstart
54 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

So where did we leave off?

And how the heck do I get caught up? 

well… get yourself a good cup of coffee, maybe the whole pot or three, find your comfiest tractor seat and start reading!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

slim67
3 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Thanks guys.  I'm honored!

Alive and better than ever!  Long story but the short of it is I recently managed to get out of a very bad relationship, got my house and belongings back and my life back AND bought two more tractors!  :D

Great other than being about broke (cost a lot to rid myself of her!) but worth every penny!

Oh!  By the way!  Recently took a trip from upstate NY to the Cincinnati area for my father's 90th birthday!  One of the reasons I've had so little time.

So where did we leave off?

And how the heck do I get caught up? 

Good to see you back. Been talking about mini crawlers again with the guys.

• Like 1

Handy Don

25 minutes ago, slim67 said:

Good to see you back. Been talking about mini crawlers again with the guys.

Part of the crawler thread is here

• Like 1

slim67
53 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Part of the crawler thread is here

Thank you Don

Stormin
6 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Great other than being about broke (cost a lot to rid myself of her!) but worth every penny! 

Been there. Got the tee shirt. Twice! :rolleyes: Carol, my partner now for 20 something years is a keeper. :handgestures-thumbup:

DennisThornton
17 hours ago, Stormin said:

Been there. Got the tee shirt. Twice! :rolleyes: Carol, my partner now for 20 something years is a keeper. :handgestures-thumbup:

This one was a keeper as well for many years but something went wrong, very wrong...  And for WAY too long!  Lot's of difficulties but finally it's mostly over!  THANK GOODNESS!

Back to the real world!  House, yard, gardens, shops, tractors all are screaming for me to help them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
23 hours ago, DennisThornton said:

Recently took a trip from upstate NY to the Cincinnati area for my father's 90th birthday!  One of the reasons I've had so little time.

Glad to have you back and glad your father is doin well.             :occasion-cake:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977

Good to have you back and still have your house and tractors. Great you made it to you fathers birthday. 

And two more tractors should help get the lawn back in shape.

You know we need pictures of the tractors.

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DennisThornton
On 9/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, Lee1977 said:

Good to have you back and still have your house and tractors. Great you made it to you fathers birthday. 

And two more tractors should help get the lawn back in shape.

You know we need pictures of the tractors.

Thank you!  It's great to be back and pretty much intact!  Been lacks regarding pictures but I did take them!  You get the first look but I think I'll post these separately.  The 265 is just about the cleanest WH I have but alas she won't move...  PO said it was sudden.  No loud noises, belt is intact and the brake drum rotates.  I'm pretty much hydro "void" so I have no idea.

The Jacobsen has an aluminum deck AND a rototiller!  I'm thrilled with it too!

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_2 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_3 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_4 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_5 (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (1) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (2) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (3) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (4) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (5) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (6) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (7) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (8) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (9) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (10) (Large).jpg

• Like 2

slim67
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

Thank you!  It's great to be back and pretty much intact!  Been lacks regarding pictures but I did take them!  You get the first look but I think I'll post these separately.  The 265 is just about the cleanest WH I have but alas she won't move...  PO said it was sudden.  No loud noises, belt is intact and the brake drum rotates.  I'm pretty much hydro "void" so I have no idea.

The Jacobsen has an aluminum deck AND a rototiller!  I'm thrilled with it too!

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_2 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_3 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_4 (Large).jpg

Wheel Horse 260 series 72048_5 (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (1) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (2) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (3) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (4) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (5) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (6) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (7) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (8) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (9) (Large).jpg

Ford-Jacobson (10) (Large).jpg

Growing up, I cut our lawn with a Ford/ Jacobson like yours. It even had a cigarette lighter that worked. It may have been a slightly lesser model because it had an 8 hp kohler. Dad sold it and ended up getting a Sears Suburban 12. I myself had a 265-6 speed when I joined this forum. Good to see you back.

JCM
On 9/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, DennisThornton said:

Thanks guys.  I'm honored!

Alive and better than ever!  Long story but the short of it is I recently managed to get out of a very bad relationship, got my house and belongings back and my life back AND bought two more tractors!  :D

Been there myself as well as a few others on here. Glad to see you back in one piece. You seem to have everything you need by the looks, plenty of tractors, a roof that doesn't leak, a cute dog,  a pickup truck and plenty of friends on here. What else does a real man need. Good luck going forward.  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

DennisThornton
1 minute ago, JCM said:
On 9/8/2021 at 8:04 AM, DennisThornton said:

to rid myself of her!) but worth every penny!

Been there myself as well as a few others on here. Glad to see you back in one piece. You seem to have everything you need by the looks, plenty of tractors, a roof that doesn't leak, a cute dog,  a pickup truck and plenty of friends on here. What else does a real man need. Good luck going forward.  :handgestures-thumbup:

You know, not much more!  Sure beats the heck out of what I had!  I hope no one has gone through that!  Now to recover and get on with my life!  Better every day! 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1