formariz

Disaster has struck again!!

formariz

With all the rain tonight creek has again flooded everything. Shop is a wreck full  of mud . There was 6 inches of water in it from just seeping under doors. Some actually got inside house this time.Outside from what I see in the dark now, is a total wreck . Water was so high and strong it actually pushed car down driveway. It actually also washed my pumps down the hill. Me and the wife are just totally exhausted firm pushing water out of shop. We were going overseas on Sunday so that is now out. Need to assess the damage tomorrow in the daylight. 
91841D6E-9BD2-4A39-A8C8-AA7847A2AFFA.jpeg.fced0e60d2e30647d915f433d217debd.jpeg

DD2F5E85-92DB-4211-9A87-C25F99A087A7.jpeg.4e02c2298e0399fcd83860792efc0282.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 23

JoeM

Man that is no good! 

We had something similar when we first moved into our house. In our case we had to recontour the yard and pipe some water away.

If the creek did that it may be out of your control and will end up with the local municipality. 

At least you got power and can get dehumidifiers going.

• Like 2

Stormin

Sorry to hear, Cas. Flooding in buildings I have no experience of fortunately. It must be a heart breaking for those who lose everything.

wallfish

That sucks!

They're reporting it was coming down at 3-5 inches per hour in areas down there.

squonk

I was wondering about you Cas. :(. My brother went through the same thing about 20 years ago. Printing shop right along a creek. Big storm hit and luckily they were there and managed to limit the damage by opening a door opposite the way the water came in. Still got a foot of water in the main shop. I had a camper stored in the warehouse out back which was a foot lower than the shop and closest to the creek. That silt was tough to get out of everything.

Pullstart

So sorry to hear and see, especially all the wood covered!  I hope insurance will help you out somehow, and the tools can all be saved!

Ed Kennell

Terrible news Cas.    So sorry you had to suffer this damage.

oliver2-44

I feel your pain and frustration Cas as my shop flooded about a foot in October 2018.  I wish I could offer you some advice about cleanup, but that silt sure is tough to get rid of.  Be sure and take pictures for any insurance claims.   

Sending you prayers for the Good Lord to give you strength during this time of hardship.

AMC RULES

Sounds like you could use a regrade with some provisions for water drainage there.