Mustang67ford

414-8 motor mount

Mustang67ford

Hello, looking to get a 414-8 I found. It has a kohler k321s motor that looks like it is new.  I noticed the 2 motor mounting bolts on the pulley side are off the side of the frame and not bolted.  Did a search on the internet and found this pic.  Is that normal?  Is it bolted thru underneith somehow?

maxresdefault.jpg

pfrederi

Welcome.  Yes the right side is bolted up through the frame into the oilpan of the engine

Mustang67ford

Wow, thanks!  Seemed very odd.  Is there a way to look up the motor year from the serial number?  First 2 digits are 16 so I'm thinking it is an 86 based on what I found to date.  It is a spec 60440 just very clean looking.

Edited by Mustang67ford

pfrederi
22 minutes ago, Mustang67ford said:

Wow, thanks!  Seemed very odd.  Is there a way to look up the motor year from the serial number?  First 2 digits are 16 so I'm thinking it is an 86 based on what I found to date.  It is a spec 60440 just very clean looking.

If it is a 10 digit number you are correct it is a 1986.

Maxwell-8

My 16hp kohler on Amy my C175 is only bolted up with two bolts as the pan has no treads nor holes in the oil pan ( BUT it ain't the original engine) 

I believe this was my first question on the forum too :lol:, your are welcome @Mustang67ford

Ed Kennell
52 minutes ago, Maxwell-8 said:

up with two bolts as the pan has no treads nor holes

Some use a "J" bolt hooked under the frame to secure the right side of the block.

post-85-0-02837100-1389548657_thumb.jpg

Oh, :text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:@Mustang67ford

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Thanks 1

pacer

Hey, dont feel bad about puzzling over that, theres been a MANY 'newbie' to ask that question and it is ... sorta oddball to have come up with that method. Sure blew my mind first time I got a tractor motor mounted like that...:scratchead: