Searcher60

Decals and Stickers

Searcher60

Anybody know anywhere else to get Wheel Horse decals other than redo you horse? Doesn’t take my American Express and does not have the correct decals for a 69’ Electro in a set. just a pain in the ass to do business with for me. If it worked out for you, fine, but it has not worked out for me at all. Thanks. 

• Sad 3

D_Mac

Terry is the best. In my experiences he has gone out of his way to make exactly what I was looking for. @Vinylguyhas made 3 custom sets and I also purchased a classic set from him. I can't see how you claim it is a pain to do business with him. In my opinion there is no other place to go.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

pfrederi
Just now, D_Mac said:

Terry is the best. In my experiences he has gone out of his way to make exactly what I was looking for. @Vinylguyhas made 3 custom sets and I also purchased a classic set from him. I can't see how you claim it is a pain to do business with him. In my opinion there is no other place to go.

:text-yeahthat:

Great guy and responsive to custom requests.  made up several Electro /Charger 16 decals for m.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

stevasaurus

There is a lot of places that do not take American Express...there was another guy that used to show up at the Big Show, but I do not remember his name at the moment.  Maybe check with @meadowfield from England...but like D-Mac said.  Terry is the go to guy, and he does do custom if he does not have it in stock.  I think Terry does Paypal, he might take a check or a money order.  :eusa-think:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ACman

:text-yeahthat: …. Plus he was backed up with orders from the show and his wife having some medical issues. I know at my dads store he doesn’t take American Express . 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Searcher60
14 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

There is a lot of places that do not take American Express...there was another guy that used to show up at the Big Show, but I do not remember his name at the moment.  Maybe check with @meadowfield from England...but like D-Mac said.  Terry is the go to guy, and he does do custom if he does not have it in stock.  I think Terry does Paypal, he might take a check or a money order.  :eusa-think:

I did a bank check check the first time. He doesn’t want to do that again. I have no idea why as it was a check via my Wells Fargo bill pay. I just wanted a deck decal set, and some other decals for my 69’ Electro. He did explain it is to much of a problem to order outside of his website and he would likely forget things.

I cut off Paypal last year when I had a fraudulent magazine subscription charge and could not get anybody at Paypal on the phone to fix it. It took hours with Paypal chat and email to straighten out a $18 unauthorized charge. If a company doesn’t have American based tech support, generally I’m no longer interested. As long as others embrace China, India, Vietnam, Pakistan, etc. I  guess I’ll have to suffer.

I ain’t getting another credit card. Guess it’s me. I’ll just have to do without. 

stevasaurus

Geez...does anybody have American Tech Support any more?  I can understand what you are going through, but I would imagine the other 2 guys I mentioned do not do American Express either.  It is a good card, but it just doesn't have the appeal that it used to.

Well, just know that Terry is excellent people and he has a ton of respect on this forum.  He and his wife, Lola, are very good friends of mine and my wife, and I know Lola is having some health issues.

I know he takes orders at the Big Show, maybe you could order and pre pay at the show.

Terry posted above as I was typing this.

• Like 2
  • Heart 3

AMC RULES

You are well worth the wait in my book Terry.

Take good care of Lola first, then mail his check.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Vinylguy
20 minutes ago, Searcher60 said:

I did a bank check check the first time. He doesn’t want to do that again. I have no idea why as it was a check via my Wells Fargo bill pay. I just wanted a deck decal set, and some other decals for my 69’ Electro. He did explain it is to much of a problem to order outside of his website and he would likely forget things.

I cut off Paypal last year when I had a fraudulent magazine subscription charge and could not get anybody at Paypal on the phone to fix it. It took hours with Paypal chat and email to straighten out a $18 unauthorized charge. If a company doesn’t have American based tech support, generally I’m no longer interested. As long as others embrace China, India, Vietnam, Pakistan, etc. I  guess I’ll have to suffer.

I ain’t getting another credit card. Guess it’s me. I’ll just have to do without. 

If you order the through the website you can choose pay by check. Also add note to seller with special requests during checkout. Never said I wouldn't take a check I just prefer digital transactions.

First time in 14 years anyone called me a pain in the a#$ again sorry for your disappointment.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

stevasaurus

I hope you guys can work things out.  :romance-grouphug:  You are both worth it.  :USA:

• Like 1

oldredrider

I spoke with Terry this morning. He worked up a quote on 5 sets of decals, put me in his files etc. I know he's very busy right now, but he treated me like I was his only customer. 

Thanks Terry for all you do for us Wheel Horse guys!!!

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Searcher60
27 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

Sorry you feel that way. I am mailing a check back to you ASAP. July is always a difficult and busy time for me but with Lola's Health issues it has been extremely difficult.

The good news is they finally got her BP to normal range after changing meds 3 times so were happy about that and she should be fine going forward.

Thanks to everyone for your patience. I expect to be caught up with show orders by the end of the week. 

OOPS! spoke to soon. just as I am typing this Lola just told me her BP has spiked again to 159/109

Why cant they figure out what's causing this. 

Terry

I don’t want my money back. No doubt, it’s all me fault.

I been fighting high blood pressure since January 2019. 7 different practitioners.  2 nurse practitioners, 1 physicians assistant, 4 doctors. A couple months ago the ER got lucky, or was smarter than the others, and found the right drug, at least so far. I was 179-102. I just completed my 20 radiation treatments for prostrate cancer 10 days ago, but I have over 2 months to go on the god awful hormone therapy.

I started the first few days of this year with the plague.  About 10 days after I got over that, middle of January,  I woke up in the middle of the night with a kidney stone. Had to go to the ER, it was a 5 mm stone. Ended up getting a liptotripsy, or however you spell it, they blasted it. I have been consumed with the cancer deal since the kidney stone reveled the need to treat the cancer. So, this hasn’t been a good year at all for me. Not at all. Personally I can tell you we have some very bad, incompetent, corrupt, greed based, people in health care in this country. We have some very good people also. But, can you find one, and then, if you do, can you afford them? 2 1/2 years they kicked me around the system with high blood pressure. They took my early stage cancer and sat on it until it was intermediate stage. I got lucky and found out via kidney stone that I was getting screwed by a crooked, incompetent doctor. It advanced to for 2 years. Frekin’ idiots. This is all documented, and yes I have great insurance.

I came here and tried to avoid all the negative feedback. I worded it very carefully. But, I should have know it wasn’t possible. It just didn’t work for me, as I said.  It’s all my fault of course. Just wanted to order without all the time and hassles. Would have liked to just say send me all the decals for a 1969 Electro and paid. If he had told me that he didn’t take American Express, all would be ok. But, I spent over an hour, maybe 2 hours, entering all the info for an order on his website multiple times. I called American Express to see if my card was ok, called him, etc. If you do not take American Express then how about removing it from your website so people like me do not waste hours entering information trying to make it work? Is that to much to ask? 

Regards, and Best Wishes to you and your family.

stevasaurus

@Searcher60  look...this happens more then you know.  There is no way for us to know all the issues that you have...and at this point...that is not fair.  I think this thread has been trying to help the situation...rather then blaming you and calling it your fault.  Terry, actually came in here and tried to make amends...that is the kind of guy he is.  Everybody else, has no idea what is going on and has no right to say who is wrong.  I don't think anybody has said it was anybody's fault...we are just trying to help make things right.  This site is all about helping people make their horses work...that's all.  My prayers to you also for your health...I had no idea.  

• Like 2

D_Mac

Hours ???? Come on now. I am sure since you have American Express you know that there are MANY small businesses that do not take it. Don't try and put down Terry's business because he doesn't accept it. If I was Terry I wouldn't even take a check. I owned my own business in a very upscale shopping mall and didn't accept personal checks, American Express, or Discover. To hard to recover your money on a bad check. I can't imagine trying to recover money from out of state checks. AE and Discover not only take a high percentage, they also charge a fee for the transaction. Just get a prepaid debit card, tell Terry what you are looking for and he will knock it out of the park. Don't play the " poor me " card, or he is to hard to do business with here....... we all know better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Searcher60
13 minutes ago, Vinylguy said:

Well said Steve. 

Darrell, simply go to my website and order what you need if you can find it. Select pay by check and I'll do my best to get them to you asap. 

It is not about the money. It's about your tractor.

Let's call it miscommunication at a stressful time in both our lives. Wheel Horse brings people together. H I pe to see you at the big show some day. 

Ok, no rush whatsoever, do all the others first. I can also send cash, as it’s not that much money. I got plenty to do with my deck. 

Best Wishes.

Edited by Searcher60
  • Excellent 3

Searcher60
23 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Hours ???? Come on now. I am sure since you have American Express you know that there are MANY small businesses that do not take it. Don't try and put down Terry's business because he doesn't accept it. If I was Terry I wouldn't even take a check. I owned my own business in a very upscale shopping mall and didn't accept personal checks, American Express, or Discover. To hard to recover your money on a bad check. I can't imagine trying to recover money from out of state checks. AE and Discover not only take a high percentage, they also charge a fee for the transaction. Just get a prepaid debit card, tell Terry what you are looking for and he will knock it out of the park. Don't play the " poor me " card, or he is to hard to do business with here....... we all know better. 

Best Wishes to you too!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1