Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

did wheel horse build a 800 special hydro?

rustyoldjunk

got a call from a man who says he has one and from what he describes,it sounds like he does but i have never heard of a 800 special hydro.

Sparky

They made an 800 Auto in 1972 model # 1-0451. It wasnt called a special tho. It had a Briggs motor and an Eaton 6 hydro tranny.

Mike........

Sparky

Hmmm. Your right mcwh1950. I got my info from a model list from a Wheel Horse Yahoo group and it showed the model you listed as a 4 speed Peerless tranny :thumbs2: .

Heres what I saw;

1-0275 1971 Lawn & Garden Tractor CG-7 4-Speed Tecumseh V70-125119 7 Wheel Horse 5075

1-0100 1971 Lawn & Garden Tractor Workhorse 800 4-Speed Tecumseh HH80-110112D 8 Wheel Horse 5080

1-0150 1971 Lawn & Garden Tractor 800 Special 4-Speed Briggs 190434-0825-01 8 Peerless 1400

1-0200 1971 Lawn & Garden Tractor CG-8 Automatic Tecumseh VH80-148001 8 Eaton 6

Thanks for the correct info.

Mike..........

CasualObserver

In both 71 and 72, the 800 was the auto and the 800 Special was the 4 speed per the excel sheet that stone henge put together.

mcwh1950

mike you can be right, because i got my infor for the toro web page and here is the other one same model number diff tran

rustyoldjunk

i've not seen it in person but if i do i will try to get some pictures.

HorseFixer

There was a guy who had one just north of Niles here real close to Ty Diggers house a couple weeks ago, that MJ and I spied and stopped and looked. His was a 4 speed with a tecumseh engine on it. He had a pretty nice Rattle Can resto on it! He said he was selling it for a friend of his. He wanted like $800.00 for it <_< and he tried to get me to give him a price but I told him I wasn't interested. He went on and on Its fun to listen and let these people tell you the Wheel Horse Story, He said that Wheel Horse made "ONE TUFF TRACTOR" :thumbs2: MJ and I just looked at each other and smiled, and thanked the Ole' guy for showing it to us. :thumbs: