Sign in to follow this  
Tom59

312 8 sleeve hitch.

Tom59

Hello all. New to the forum. Found it a liitle while ago and a lot of useful information here. I have a 312 8 and would like to know if a sleeve / clevis hitch can be used on it. If so, can it be lifted with the mower deck/ plow lifting arm? Have searched around and cant seem to find this. Everything seems to lead to having hydraulics. THanks.  Tom

Edited by Tom59
Add word
  • Like 1

8ntruck

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the forum.  As you have probably noted, there are lots of good folks here.  Whatever you've broken on a Weel Horse, several somebodies here have already broken and fixed it.

To answer your question, there us a cable that attaches to the rock shaft (lifting lever) that route as under the seat to lift bottom plows and other implements.

I don't have any implements that need that, so my Horse is not equipped with the cable.  Someone will be along soon who uses this feature, and will post more information. 

OutdoorEnvy

Hey Tom and welcome to the forum!  It can.  I actually just ordered the clevis hitch and rock shaft kit for my 312-8 a few days ago and will be getting it set up within a week hopefully.  The lever for lifting and raising the deck will also pivot the clevis hitch up and down to raise and lower the rear sleeve hitch attachments too.  I'll do a post when I get it in.  I'm looking to immediately put a box blade to work on it.  I will be on the lookout for the right deal on a moldboard plow and disc harrow as well.   

• Like 1

Skwerl58

I have a 414-8 that came with the clevis hitch. I use it for gardening. I have bought equipment at large flea markets, from FB market place and Craig's list. I picked up a moldboard plow local for $50 and a cultivator for $40. Got a WH tiller with belt and pulley for $260. Deals are out there but need to jump on them when you find them. 

• Like 1

Tom59

Thanks for the welcome All!! 

8ntruck, seems like I am dealing with some good folks already!! Hope to give back some day.

Outdoorenvy, good to know it will work on the 312. Looking forward to your post on the assembly! Sure it will help with mine. In Can I ask where you ordered your parts? Will need to order some also. 

Skwerl58, thanks for the tips. I look on Craigslist, FBook also. Some good deals to be had as you said. Added a pic of mine with the 4ft plow.

20210127_164312.jpg

OutdoorEnvy

I ordered the parts from Wheelhorseman here on the forum through his ebay store of wheelhorsepartsandmore.  BTW That is a very nice looking 312-8 you have there!  Is it a restore or all original?  

Tom59

Thanks for the info Envy. Will look him up. And thank you, yes it is all original. 87 I believe.