Crazyredhorse

The 877

AMC RULES

Nice W-H score.

Love that model.

Sure do miss mine.

squonk

I thought tractors in Wisc. didn't come with steering wheels? :confusion-confused: :)

• Like 1

Crazyredhorse

bit bent but I do have one of those old 3 spoke foam wheels for cars I could mount.see what happens.

Crazyredhorse

so I've done a little work on it.for the most part it's in good shape.havent fired it yet but older gentleman I bought it from says it runs.needs some work on deck wheels n mounts.the only thing I'm seeing is its leeking around the axle hydro area seems on top more than bottom.but being I havent run it yet seems more than I want. going to give it a power washing so I can tell were its comming from.but other than all the surface rust looking good.

Crazyredhorse

Yea she runs!!!but gas leaking from pump and metal line from pump to carb.should I (rebuild if I can)pump or go with an electric pump what's your thoughts going to get a carb kit too while I'm there.

Crazyredhorse

never mind tighten the screws on pump n cut some rubber gas line to put in fittings of metal line and it seems to have quit leeking.but runs good n hydro seems ok.

Crazyredhorse

0ne question though want to change filter and oil in transmission says auto transmission type a fluid?do they still sell that?didn't see none quit search.  and or what to use?

pfrederi
7 minutes ago, Crazyredhorse said:

0ne question though want to change filter and oil in transmission says auto transmission type a fluid?do they still sell that?didn't see none quit search.  and or what to use?

Dex/Merc

atf.JPG

Edited by pfrederi
  • Thanks 1

Crazyredhorse

Been taking care of the little problems but shes starting to clean up.thinking I'll get everything working good in the fall tear it down start stripping it over winter fresh paint in summer.needs some new seals and gaskets in the rear end too.looking deck over the deck itself in nice shape but shaft though frame of it is sloppy and someone welded pulley to one of the drive shafts.see what I can do with that.

download.jpg

• Like 1

Crazyredhorse

So need to make a seat.I like the round back seats think I'll cut one out of plywood.was going to pick up a few of those kneeling pads for the foam kinda dense. and stop by the second hand store see if I could find a leather jacket for the cover any ideas?

Crazyredhorse

So looks like I'll have to replace gaskets were hyd.pump attaches to axle and axle halves looking over info seems easy enough.guess I'll have to make gaskets says their discontinued.said to put p jelly on gaskets?should I use a gasket cement?silicone or somthing?is there any surprises I should watch for splitting these 2?thanks in advance guys:handgestures-thumbupleft:

pfrederi
16 hours ago, Crazyredhorse said:

So looks like I'll have to replace gaskets were hyd.pump attaches to axle and axle halves looking over info seems easy enough.guess I'll have to make gaskets says their discontinued.said to put p jelly on gaskets?should I use a gasket cement?silicone or somthing?is there any surprises I should watch for splitting these 2?thanks in advance guys:handgestures-thumbupleft:

The case gasket is 5999 (Lowell has them)  Pump to tranny is 5955 you can use the later version 102759 still available.  Do not use silicone RTV  little chunks of that can come off inside and cause big issues.  Really do not need anything I sometimes use a light spray of Permatex High Tack aerosol.

Crazyredhorse

Thanks shes leeking pretty good. hoping no cracks or anything.started tearing it down enough to power wash it real good. take off rear end then so I can look it over good.can only work on it about 4 hrs at a time till back starts hurting. but I'll get there.put the tins in basement were I can strip in a cool place.

use.jpg

20210801_133459.jpg

Crazyredhorse

I have the tractor all power washed and I'm ready to pull rear end off.im looking at the shift linkage it says to pull out ball from it to nylon cam as it comes out? not quite clear of this. can it come apart not much room before removing axle? dont want to break nylon cam sure I wont be able to find another if it breaks.whats best way to remove?

20210803_125642.jpg

pfrederi

Make yourself two aligning pins.  (3/8 NC bolt head cut off grind a bit of a taper to it and cut a cross slot)  Remove two bolts holding tranny to frame end.  Put in the aligning pins then remove the other 2 bolts and roll the transaxle/pump unit back.  The linkage ball will come out of the plastic slider as you roll it back. (Lowell has the slider)

IMG_0294.JPG

Crazyredhorse

Nice.. good to know he has them :text-thankyoublue:

Crazyredhorse

pulled right wheel off thought I'd try getting a hub off today few taps with hammer hub came right off can slide hub on and off by hand not sure if that's good or bad?but someone greased it real good.

• Like 1

Crazyredhorse

2 days heating and hammering hitch pin finally came out.started out using center punch to get pin out but ended up just hitting pin itself so I could get a good hit mushroomed pin a little.once it was loose I filed end of pin down a little to get it out.have to doctor clip grove a little but it'll be ok. 90 deg.in garage 70% humidity not getting alot done right now.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Gregor
4 hours ago, Crazyredhorse said:

2 days heating

I cooked my gasket that way, had to split the trans and replace it. Maybe you planned to split it anyway.

Never did get the pin out, had to slice it.

Edited by Gregor

Crazyredhorse

yes gasket was cooking oil bubbling out..but axle leeking that's why it had to come out

Crazyredhorse

ready to put tranny back together but have a question. on this dia shows a thrust washer 4-29b but if you look at sunstrand rebuild dia on this site for my year doesn't show one mine didnt have one.and shows some wear on case and gear there.does anyone know if it needs one on this.1967 877 or will 4-29B fit it? this diagram is from later model btw

tran.jpg

Edited by Crazyredhorse

Crazyredhorse

Back together. been stripping this rusted cruddy rear end for weeks almost ready for paint. just doing the regal red but going to use some hardner.shoul go little faster once the rear end is done.shes heavy and hard to work with.

rsz_20210929_125332.jpg

• Like 1