Pullstart

Quite the day yesterday

Pullstart

Yesterday was our big leg of the trip home from Portage.  We drove about 300 miles overall, starting the day with a Farm Truck that wouldn’t start.  I know what truckers pour out of their trucks in those truck stop lots, so I was bound and determined to not crawl under the truck!  There was a quick click from the starter solenoid, then nothing.  Clean battery connections, strong headlights, volt meter right around 12, jumping it with Norman didn’t help.  I ended up having Mrs. P turn the ignition on, then I arced the starter terminal through the fender well.  We kept it running for the next three fuel stops, until we were inside of an hour from home and stopped for a good meal.  “Local 3 Grill and Tap” I think it was, in Waterveliet, MI is amazing.  Never been, but will surely return!  I had to jump it again to fire it up and once we got home, I checked and found a blown fuse.  I replaced it and it was enough for one start before it blew again.  Surely a dead short... I’ll check it out soon.

After unloading, with flip flops on of course, we were winding down for the night and one of my daughters who won’t quit growing doesn’t realize how long her feet are and stubbed her toe on the dining room carpet.  A trip to the ER, we have a first broken bone in our kids!  1 am we were released from the hospital with a cool shoe and some tape on a toe and I realized I hadn’t had dinner.  Thank the Lord for Taco Bell!  We turned in to the driveway and after a work day I needed a shower... but opted for the pillow.

7C8141A9-1379-47EA-92D4-55DD8C198ECF.jpeg

26B28116-5F83-499D-983A-F68F1A3C6293.jpeg

• Sad 12

D_Mac

Amazing how fast the toe nails turned black !!! Hope she feels better soon. Do they make steel toed flip flops?

• Haha 4

wallfish

Never a dull moment for the pullstarts

Hope she feels better soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Prayin' she'll heal up quick, kids usually do.

Pullstart
7 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

Prayin' she'll heal up quick, kids usually do.

I’m praying she’ll not be so clumsy with those big feet! :lol:

rjg854

As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :teasing-neener:

• Haha 3

Mickwhitt

Ouch! Never broken a toe but I'm told its pretty sore.

The nail varnish looks cool 

• Like 1

WHX??
50 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :teasing-neener:

:text-yeahthat:

Oh my my.... what are we gonna do with you guys! 

• Haha 1

squonk
On 7/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, pullstart said:

After unloading, with flip flops on of course,  

I saw your video. Nothing like rolling tractors out into the middle of a busy highway with cars whizzing by. You insurance agent must take Zoloft!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
2 hours ago, squonk said:

I saw your video. Nothing like rolling tractors out into the middle of a busy highway with cars whizzing by. You insurance agent must take Zoloft!

I can see 1/4 mile in each direction.  I’ll pause loading/unloading until the coast is clear :handgestures-thumbupright:

953 nut
On 7/12/2021 at 9:16 AM, pullstart said:

A trip to the ER, we have a first broken bone in our kids!

Kevin, no DNA Test needed, she is your daughter for sure!           :ychain:              Hope she isn't in too much pain, don't ask me how I would know this but a broken toe is sooooo painful.             :hide:

• Haha 1