SavageNerdz

Wheel Horse Sweeper Parts?

SavageNerdz

Hey everyone, bought a house and in the old lean to was a rather old wheel horse lawnsweeper. The bin, or hopper whichever it is called is rusted out, and whatever the bin is made out of is quite brittle  and falling apart. Despite this, it still works wonderfully and i was quite amazed by how well it did. Much better than the bagger i used back when i was on the mowing crew, in my opinion at least.

Anyhow, i'm trying to figure out if i can possible restore this thing with OEM parts (or third party) or if i'm going to need to fabricate something for it. Either way, i'm pretty intent on fixing it, and any information as how to obtain spare parts, or even maintenance tips etc would be helpful. I'll include a picture i found on google, it is exactly the same as the one i have, and wish to fix/restore.

Also, unsure of what the black hopper is actually called. The entire frame that attaches to it is rusted out, and any potential budget friendly options would be appreciated. The frame for the hopper itself is simply past the point of return though, the implement itself is still sturdy and swept nearly an acre tonight.

Wheel-Horse-Lawn-Sweeper-IMGWheel021.jpg

• Like 3

Crazyredhorse

unless u can find one inside somebody's garage I dowt you find a new one.probly wouldn't be to hard to bend some pipes to replace bad ones and sew up some canvas for the bag.maybe some strong screening zip tie it on.if frame is shot take it off attach tarp to it just drag it behind?

lynnmor

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I have a sweeper much like yours.  Some years ago I needed tires and was quoted $85 each, so it is hanging on the shed wall till I find reasonable parts.  I did see a blue sweeper sold at an auction and it was likely made by the parent company, I have been sorry every since that I didn't buy it or write down the brand.  John Deere also sold green ones that were the same.  The hopper might be called a hamper.  If you ever give up on the project, I would be interested in buying it.

You got me interested again, check out this company, it may be the one that manufactured the sweeper:  https://www.mid-west-products-inc.com/store/MH-4451-MoreInfo.html

Edited by lynnmor