ranger

What should I use these for?

ranger

I bought these from my local “Cheffins” Machinery sale last week. I was the only bidder. Described as JCB dumper axles, “UNUSED”. Around 40” flange to flange. Appear to have limited slip diffs as well. I can’t decide whether to build a 4wd, bendy in the middle, articulated style tractor. A 2wd, Wheelhorse, Ride-a-Way Senior type, with lsd! Or maybe a 4wd bendy loading shovel, ideal for shifting the horse muck, (organic). Engine choices I have are Kubota twin cylinder, Kubota three cylinder, Yanmar 10hp Lombardini 7.5hp VW 1.9. All diesels. Honda 11hp, Briggs Vanguards 12.5 and 16hp, these petrol.

The cost of the axles ——-£25.00——- No one else wanted them!😃😃

Doug.D8D7E8BD-4823-4BC7-9E63-03530B0B7480.jpeg.a0a03dc3a62a42ad5f4c29a598df0177.jpeg9E32E60C-6E13-4F42-B8E2-5DBA7E0A1EE8.jpeg.c1e99266bd89ef1c6990addd03478984.jpeg36AE0EDE-3A17-4C2C-A8CD-F6F8A6A58321.jpeg.6f1b3f575d98529af54131faa37e44cf.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

stevasaurus

Just curious...why do you think they are limited slip?  :eusa-think:

ranger
21 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Just curious...why do you think they are limited slip?  :eusa-think:

When pinion flange turned both halfshafts turn together, you can’t turn one shaft without the other turning in the same direction. Also the tags say, “Use limited slip diff lube only”, so they either have LSD’s, or solid “spools” fitted. I’ll remove one of the rear covers sometime and have a look. I wasn’t expecting this when I bought them, so if they are “LSDs”, it’s a bonus! 👍

Doug.

Edited by ranger

Stormin

Got to be an artic', Doug. Kabuto 3cyl' and a bucket of course. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

ranger
5 minutes ago, Stormin said:

Got to be an artic', Doug. Kabuto 3cyl' and a bucket of course. :handgestures-thumbup:

Ive been thinking along those lines  for a while now Norm, using series Land Rover axles, narrowed on N/S and using 2 shorter O/S (positions reversed for our overseas cousins) halfshafts to avoid having to cut and weld or re-spline shafts, then these came along. Kubota triple is around 20/22 hp, D722?

Doug.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
On 6/26/2021 at 3:15 AM, Stormin said:

That'd be a right rugged little bugger.