Sign in to follow this  
lt230s

Gonna look at WH - Any idea of Model?

lt230s

Saw this on CL and will probably go look at it tonight. Listed as 10 HP Kohler, 2peed rear. Pictures not real clear. May not be original engine from what I can see on the pics.

Anyone have an idea on the model & where to look for serial #s?

Thanks

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/1209562878.html

Kelly

I'll take a stab at it, it has the front tac o matic so that makes it 1972 or newer, but they stopped using those hood decals in 72,(if orig. hood) I'd say a 1972 raider 10, 12 or 14,

(probably 10 with a tucky that's why it has a kohler now but just a guess) the id tag is under the dash in front of the shifter, silver and black tag about 2" long and 3/4" tall, yes the engine does not look orig. atleast the gen/start part and if it is a 10hp kohler, I don't think they came in the Raiders :thumbs2:

bo dawg

I agree with Kelly being right on that 72 Raider 10. Even though its not original engine its better. Big head lites looks like a treat!

lt230s

Went to look at it tonight on the way home as it was only a couple miles from my house.

It is a Raider 8. The seller replaced the 8HP with Kohler 10 HP about five years ago. It ran, but was a little rough from sitting around, probably just carb cleaning & adjustment. At the same time he repainted it, but paint was faded from sitting outside. He showed me pics from when he did it. Looked nice then. Axle seals leak. Shifted OK in high & low range.

I couldn't get numbers off the plate as it was covered in dirt/grime & paint.

The plow didn't look like it was for that model. Looked more for the older round noses. No trip springs.

Gonna have think about this & discuss with the Mrs. :thumbs:

:thumbs2: for all the input, guys.