TGK

Difference between Model 71223 and 71227

TGK

I have a Model 71223 Toro Wheel horse which needs a little TLC.  I have an opportunity to purchase a Model 71227 for parts.  Can you tell me if they are similar enough to interchange some of the parts?  Thank you for your help.

WHX??

Looks like those are early 2000 verticals ... 16-38HXL  &  16-38XL if not mistaken.  Ones a hydro and the 223  is a gear jammer but many other parts should be interchangeable. They are considered Toro branded but will not be in the master lists as they were not  GT's but straight mowers. 

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3

gwest_ca

WHX??

BTW somewhat fond of the 227 as mine came with the missus when I married her. They both still :chores-mowlawn:  great and the only mower I have with a bagger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
12 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

BTW somewhat fond of the 227 as mine came with the missus when I married her. They both still :chores-mowlawn:  great and the only mower I have with a bagger. 

So… Bought a tractor for way too much money and got a wife for free heh? :clap:

:occasion-clown:

• Haha 8

953 nut
3 hours ago, TGK said:

Can you tell me if they are similar enough to interchange some of the parts?

:WRS:

Depending on the parts you are in need of you may be able to find them by posting a "Wanted" ad in our classified section, it is free.

WHX??
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

So… Bought a tractor for way too much money and got a wife for free heh? :clap:

:occasion-clown:

Actually not too far from the truth Sylvia.... thing can pop some pretty nice wheelies on aspalt tho :hilarious:

Like @TGK I picked another out of the bone yard fer FREE for parts. Bad news guy but these are considered "diposable" mowers by Toro. Some  parts still aplenty on the auction or jungle site or Toro dealers. Best have your trousers up tight from a dealer for parts tho as they might bend you over. They are a dime a dozen here on CL. They are powered by a nice Briggs single... a good pressure lubed motor.... if you take care of it. Sadly most idiots didn’t.  

• Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher

TGK :WRS: Enjoy the site.