Gregor

Craftsman

Gregor

Are parts readily available for Craftsman lawn tractors?  If so, where?  Thanks  Greg

peter lena

@GREGOR, a lot of the parts are generic , common to all the newer type " lawn tractors ", my neighbor has a cub cadet , and noticed that many pulleys  and fittings are common . to that , jut a possible answer . pete

• Thanks 1

SPINJIM

Sears hasn't folded completely.   If you google 'Sears Parts', and have your Craftsman model number, you can probably get what you need.   Sears has the parts shipped direct from the manufacturers, either AYP or MTD depending on your model.   If it's the older Roper models, your best chance is used parts.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SPINJIM

Also, because so many Craftsman mowers were sold, your local salvage yard probably has loads of them because the owners didn't maintain them.   That's where I found good mowing deck for my daughter's mower.

Jim

Gregor

I checked Partstree. They show no results for the model number I put in. 917.25151

SPINJIM

That 917. indicates it was made by American Yard Products (better than MTD).   Sears Parts may have the body parts.  Many of the AYP mowers had Kohler engines, so searching Kohler Parts should be a help there.   I bought a Craftsman / AYP mower for my daughter because it had a Kohler Command engine it it.

Jim

Edited by SPINJIM

EricF

And the AYP line and tooling was bought by Husqvarna which continued supplying the Craftsman machines for Sears, so much of it lives on in their current offerings. So there may be some more cross-references for some parts there, especially for much of 2000s - era Craftsman.