Ben444

C-175 Transmission Drive Clutch Pulley

Jeff-C175
30 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

unsealed bearings

I wouldn't try using those either.  They're just too inexpensive.  There HAS to be something wrong with them, such as unsealed bearings.

My biggest takeaway from that website was the actual dimensions though.  The fact that at some point the 7434 was superseded by a slightly larger idler in the 92-7101

Gregor

I ordered 7434 (Superseded to 112426)  Guess I will compare it to what I have when I get it.

Jeff-C175
13 minutes ago, Gregor said:

I ordered 7434 (Superseded to 112426)  Guess I will compare it to what I have when I get it.

I hope that does the trick!

Let us know if it matches the dimensions in my previous post.  

Ben444

I realize now that this is called an Idler Pulley, not Transmission Drive Clutch Pulley. Is there a was to change the name of the post to correct it?

Jeff-C175
16 minutes ago, Ben444 said:

change the name of the post to correct it?

I don't think it's neskissaree.  We all know what you meant!

Gregor
28 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I don't think it's neskissaree.  We all know what you meant!

As Jeff said, not necessary, but you created it, you can go back, erase it, and change it to Mary Poppins Umbrella, if you like. :P

• Haha 1

Gregor
On 6/1/2021 at 1:01 PM, pfrederi said:

handle.JPG

handle 2.JPG

The pic above shows the parts  breakdown for the belt tensioner lever on my C-125. Note the Special bolt, (106193), Spacer, (106450), and wave washer, 110066.

I ordered the replacement wave washer from Partstree. I also ordered wave washers from McMaster  Carr, that I thought would work, based on size of the spacer.

Below is a pic of the bolt, spacer, wave washer from Partstree in the center, and the wave washer from McMaster Carr, on the right.

20210725_053048.jpg.8a160306ab8ac8075c74940f6486029d.jpgTo my way of thinking, the wave washer has to fit over the small collar on the spacer, in order to be effective. It would ultimately, apply pressure between the spacer, and the lever, (part # 106360).

The wave washer from Partstree does not, It's too small. It's VERY close, but not quite. The wave washer I ordered from MM C  will, although it doesn't seem to be quite as robust, as the Partstree washer.

Am I thinking correctly, or do I have this all wrong?  Thanks Greg.

Jeff-C175
2 hours ago, Gregor said:

thinking correctly

I think so.  The wave washer between the two levers is supposed to prevent the lever from rattling around.  (which mine does.  I bet the washer on mine is missing.!)

The various part drawings show the washer on the outside directly under the shoulder of the spacer, and some between the levers.  The net result would be the same, but one would have to be careful if installing between the levers that the washer doesn't get 'pinched' when tightening the bolt.

Greg, what's the OD of the smaller part of the shoulder spacer?  What part number did you order from MMC?

Edited by Jeff-C175

Gregor
11 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I think so.  The wave washer between the two levers is supposed to prevent the lever from rattling around. 

I don't believe my wave washer ended up between the 2 levers. I believe mine is essentially, between the lever 10630, and the larger shoulder on the spacer, 106450. What you say makes sense. I'm gonna have to think on this a bit.:confusion-confused: I may I may have to pull the assembly apart on my 175, or the 141, paying close attention, to exactly, where everything is. The wave washer will not fit through the slot on the lever. At least I don't think so. I do believe though, the wave washer HAS to fit over the small collar on the spacer. (  all of a sudden my head hurts) Maybe the conflicting pics ARE conflicting. One is correct, one is not. More investigation on this is needed, me thinks !

Jeff-C175
11 minutes ago, Gregor said:

One is correct, one is not.

I don't think it matters which side the washer is installed on, it would still take up the slack, but I can imagine inventing some new curse words if trying to get it into position between the levers without it falling off the spacer and getting pinched.

I might even be tempted to try some thin flat shim washers to take up some slack.

Gregor

Mine still rattles some, but leaps and bounds better than it was.

• Excellent 1

Ben444

Well, put it out on the market yesterday and sold it today. And actually made a little money on it. Loved the tractor but jut too much for my needs. Going to fix up my 655. Maybe get a new deck. Thanks again for all of the help you guys gave me on replacing the idler pulley.

• Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
4 hours ago, Ben444 said:

sold it today

Hope it went to a good home!

• Excellent 1