8ntruck

Covid Story

stevasaurus

I thought we were "Politely Debating".  I have not attacked your freedom to say what you want...as long as it is true and does not incite hate.  :eusa-think:  Have a nice day Mate...Fair winds and Following Seas.

• Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Think you missed a couple of my posts Steve. I'm sure we were both aiming for the same, apolitical understanding among the group, just maybe from very different sides of the issue! lol

• Excellent 1

stevasaurus

I did not miss any posts.  We are in agreement for what we are talking about.  I just do not understand the push back from getting the vaccinations.  They are in the 90's% effective, and to get something that works in such a short time is amazing.  A lot of people have worked tirelessly to develop an anti-dote, and we have one.  I'm sorry, with all the people that have died, and the leaders that have called this a hoax have got the shots themselves, I just don't get it.  I had Covid last November and I am still having issues and I am full of anti-bodies...I got my shots (morderna).  I can tell you this...I do not want to get it again, and I do not wish this on anybody else. :orcs-cheers:

• Heart 4

Charbs152

54 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

Do you like clean air, clean water, good meat & poultry??  :orcs-cheers:

Yes I do, support your local regenerative farmer.

• Excellent 2

Charbs152
8 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I did not miss any posts.  We are in agreement for what we are talking about.  I just do not understand the push back from getting the vaccinations.  They are in the 90's% effective, and to get something that works in such a short time is amazing.  A lot of people have worked tirelessly to develop an anti-dote, and we have one.  I'm sorry, with all the people that have died, and the leaders that have called this a hoax have got the shots themselves, I just don't get it.  I had Covid last November and I am still having issues and I am full of anti-bodies...I got my shots (morderna).  I can tell you this...I do not want to get it again, and I do not wish this on anybody else. :orcs-cheers:

not everyone feels the need for an experimental drug thats being heavily pushed by corporations and the government.  They now say you require a booster, are you going to keep getting this shot for the rest of your life?  This is experimental, i find it scary that its being so heavily pushed as it is.  If you want the shot, get it, if you dont, then dont.  if you trust the science and get the shot then you're all good.  anyone not vaxxed by now has made the PERSONAL CHOICE not to.  i dont see why theres such a hatred towards the ones that choose not to vax up.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

Wheel Horse 3D

LIke I pointed out each person has to figure for themselves. This my own personal reasoning, for not getting the shot until I know more. We've already seen in this post individuals who have gotten covid AFTER their first shot. Long term effects and interactions are still unknown. My personal risk of any lingering effects even If I do recatch covid are VERY low. Now does that mean I go willy nilly rubbin my hands everywhere, and coughing around old folks..OF COURSE NOT. I am screened every morning, I wear a mask whenever inside with others, when outside I maintain social distancing I regularly disinfect my area and hands, including my vehicles.Then again for me in a rural area also, we're practically socially distanced all the time. But if I had to wade through scores of people, and handle door knobs and whatnot a bajillion peeps had touched? Well that elevates my risk and I'd have to reconsider the math. Point being, if you can still spread covid, after a vaccine, you're not protecting anyone but yourself, and my risk simply doesn't warrant taking the risk of our limited experience with this vaccine. Maybe someone else's risk, warrants that its a good idea to take the vaccine.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

@Charbs152  Can you back up these statements??  :eusa-think:   Let's see where you got your information.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

not everyone feels the need for an experimental drug thats being heavily pushed by corporations and the government.  They now say

you require a booster, are you going to keep getting this shot for the rest of your life?  This is experimental,

______________________________________________________________________________________

No problem with what you said after that.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

Stormin

We have now got the Indian variant over here in the UK. Certain densely populated areas have suddenly got queues of people wanting the jab.

It's true it does affect a small percentage of people, but for the majority there's no, or slight side effects. I've had both mine with no after effects. SWMBO felt tired for only the following day.

As for being experimental, were not vaccines against cholera, malaria, typhoid etc. etc. Without them, over the years many thousands of people would have perished.

Edited by Stormin
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Wheel Horse 3D

True, polio vaccine being another, but whats the track record of those? We have a history and a proven methodology for creating those earlier vaccines. These new ones involve new technology and processes. If it turns out down the road these things are safe and theres no interaction with any other condition, or genetic predisposition etc. I'm willing to get stuck, cuz then the risk is way less than the reward. Right now they can't clearly quantify the risks.

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

I got chicken pox as a little kid, got my normal boosters et. through school, and ended up with chicken pox again in basic training. WTH! I hope these work better than that!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Here is one thing...these 3 drugs, Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J are NOT experimental.  As soon as the DEA stated these drugs are OK for the population, they stopped being experimental.  :notworthy:

Where are the leaches Broom Gilda??  :hide:

AR-812035969.jpg

• Haha 1

Maxwell-8
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Long term effects and interactions are still unknown.

I am still not sure whether I will get my vaccination.  You folks are older, probably already have ((great)grand) children. If i were to be your ages, I would have gotten a shot. It's that i am just 19 years old, and we now little of the log-term conditions (like fertility, DNA changes). Our Belgium goverment is switching back and forward with which vaccine to use on which group of the population.

But I will see, when i get my invite. so for now, keep distance, Wear a facemask (FFP2( lukely i had a big supply of them pre-covid)) and use handsanitizer. 

#staysafe friends!

Edited by Maxwell-8
  • Like 1
  • Heart 4

Wheel Horse 3D

Now my in-laws opted to get the vaccine, theyre  older and a couple small underlying health issues, and they do go out socially occasionally, and have older friends, so thats the way they went.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

@Razorback I am going to hide your post.  The link you posted is totally political, full of conspiracy theories, full of mis-information, etc.  :notworthy:

roadapples

@Maxwell-8  19....why you little whipper-snapper, you could be my great grandson...:ROTF:  :ychain:

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 4

stevasaurus

@roadapples I was thinking dog years... 19 x 7 =133.  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have shoes and boots that 25 years old , so @Maxwell-8 take care of your self and you will live a long happy life.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D

So this answers most of my questions...theres a lot they"are still learning" including how effective the vaccines are, how long they last, and whether you can spread the virus after vaccination.. so recommendations right now still suggest that even vaccinated people wear masks and do the basics. They do insist they are safe.

This little gem also reveals that vaccine providers can charge my insurance a "vaccine administation fee" hmmmm

• Heart 1

Wheel Horse 3D
9 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I have shoes and boots that 25 years old , so @Maxwell-8 take care of your self and you will live a long happy life.

Lol i have a lovely pair of kangaroo boots I bought in Dallas about 20 years ago...still fit great! I save em for dressin up.

roadapples
15 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Lol i have a lovely pair of kangaroo boots I bought in Dallas about 20 years ago...still fit great! I save em for dressin up.

Can you  jump any further with them on..:ROTF:

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Stuff like this is why some folks just dont find numbers credible. Here rather than give me numbers or a figure, they reference my age group against 5-17 year olds. They calculate Im 440 timea more likely to DIE from covid than a 5-17 yo. What does that even mean? 440 times what?

"Risk for COVID-19 Infection, Hospitalization, and Death By Age Group | CDC" https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/investigations-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html#footnote01

Ill dig into the footnotes and see, but if they think that info is critical why not just give me straight number?  Its either SOOOO big ill panic, or so small as to not warrant my concern. Let yall know in a sec.

• Heart 1

Wheel Horse 3D
4 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Can you  jump any further with them on..:ROTF:

Not that I noticed, a do stand a little straighter and look good doin it!

• Like 1

Handy Don
2 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

I got chicken pox as a little kid, got my normal boosters et. through school, and ended up with chicken pox again in basic training. WTH! I hope these work better than that!

Let's not conflate these other diseases with Covid. There is no known connection here, unless there is some documentation you can share.

There is NO vaccine for ANY disease that I have found that claims 100% efficacy (i.e. guaranteed to prevent infection), as your contracting chicken pox demonstrates handily. It would be terrific if any of us could know with certainty exactly who the vaccine will work for and who it will not--some day I expect research to uncover more of those details, but in the meantime, we have imperfect knowledge and we live with that.

Chicken pox vaccine has been well documented (check out the CDC website or the Varivax manufacturer data sets) to have 90% efficacy (lower than Moderna and Pfizer's COVID vaccines), to carry a range of side effects including some rarely seen which can recur (i.e. in tiny fractions of 1% of individuals), and to give protections from pox similar to those observed so far for the two well reported RNA COVID vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer). It is also well documented that vaccinated individuals, or those with prior infections, can become infected again and communicate the disease--and, in some cases, also still be vulnerable to shingles as an adult (caused by the same virus).

Still, you cannot ignore some similarities. Both are highly contagious. Both can be communicated before an infected person is even aware they are ill. Both can have severe consequences for adults. Most of us have never seen a chicken pox epidemic but, again, it doesn't take a lot of research to learn it was worth preventing where possible.

I concur that the taking of any vaccine is a risk/reward calculation. However we disagree over the values we are assigning to some of the factors in the equation--willingness to fully embrace and use demonstrated preventatives for the disease (masks, hand washing, isolating, distancing, bubbles, etc.), involvement in situations of potential exposure both as receiver and giver, risk to others of an asymptomatic exposure from me, risk of unknown possible future effect(s) vs. risk of known immediate effect(s), and desire to corral the spread of a disease before it gets a chance to mutate (i.e. risk to the larger population).

Wheel Horse 3D

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/72/5/e162/6017811

This data is referenced directly by the CDC as one of the sources of their data based on a covid data collection system that covers 10 percent of the estimated US population. And is revealed a couple links back in their" resources and methods" for that infographic.

Of the 513 people with NO underlying conditions in the 18-49 year old age group(sorry i came across this group first) in that study guess how many died due to covid...3. Care to do the math? 0.584% Now bear in mind, this is folks with CONFIRMED covid cases, and a much wider age group, which should include more deaths. So for arguments sake lets say EVERY death occurred in the 40-49 age group.

The paper says 232 individuals that age were part of this study. SOOOO 3/232

=1.29 percent. Bear in mind we are erring on the heavy side for death percentage.