Darren Blake

68 electro 12 decal placement

Darren Blake

This forum is awesome! First time posting, was wondering if there is a manual or somebody have a bunch of pics for all the decal locations. I know the main ones. I didnt start putting them on yet just finishing up a little touching up on the paint. Thanks for any and all help!!!

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@Stepney Spenser has a 68 Electro. 

He might be able to help. 

I have a 68 Raider. Should be similar. 

Which particular decals?

Darren Blake

These ones for now. I did'nt see these anywhere on my machine. All the other ones I have I know where they go. I bought from redo my horse. I love the way they turned put. I have the set for the machine and set for the mower deck. Any and all help is very much helpfull. Thanks much. Darren

20210515_180929.jpg

ebinmaine

@Vinylguy Terry would have to say for sure but I think the top one is a universal/seat back decal. No specific location. 

Likely that's a gift from him to you. 

The wide one would go where your headlights are if it didn't have them. 

"Unidrive" goes on the back of a MANUAL transmission. Not sure if it also should be on a hydro. 

"Keep well greased" I just have no idea. 

The bottom "wheelhorse" decal is period correct for a hair earlier in years. Not sure if that goes on your 68 or not. 

• Like 1

c-series don

“ Keep well greased “ goes on the spindle gear covers on the mower deck.P.S. We need pictures of this tractor! We love pictures! 

Edited by c-series don
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stepney

Those grease decals belong on a cross shaft deck. Ive never seen them on any of the belt drivers. 
The Wheel A Matic decal is also a mystery to me. Seems to me that belongs on the front of a 65-677 style hood, when they didnt have headlights. No E12 had that one. UniDrive goes on the transaxle to the right of the hitch. The small red letters.. dash panel maybe?

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Stepney said:

The Wheel A Matic decal is also a mystery to me. Seems to me that belongs on the front of a 65-677 style hood, when they didnt have headlights. No E12 had that one. UniDrive goes on the transaxle to the right of the hitch. The small red letters.. dash panel maybe?

Agreed on the 65/6/7 hood with no headlights. That's what Trina's 657 Pony has. 

Good call on the small red letters. That seems reasonable.

So the unidrive decal? Those were on hydro transmission so?

• Like 1

Stepney
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Agreed on the 65/6/7 hood with no headlights. That's what Trina's 657 Pony has. 

Good call on the small red letters. That seems reasonable.

So the unidrive decal? Those were on hydro transmission so?

Honestly.. Im not sure? Never seen one on a hydro. But they always weeped oil so its possible they all fell off over the years. Gramps claims the rear of ours had a sticker once upon a time. 

• Like 2

Darren Blake

Thanks very much everyone!! Very much appreciated. I have one b4 pic and when I get it back together Ill post some pics. 

20201116_091822.jpg

• Like 1