Horse Newbie

48 inch Side Discharge Deck Restoration

Horse Newbie

So for the last 5 to 6 months I have been working on getting my 1994 520H up to operating condition after buying it from a friends backyard a few years ago...now that I'm 99 percent done with the tractor I want/ have to get the 48 inch SD deck that came with it up to operating condition also.

As you can see by the pics I have a lot of work to do/ full restoration...I have a few questions before I get started...

1. Do the two wheels on the back of the deck control the cutting height ?

2. Where/ who is a good source for parts ?...I would like to go back with as much new parts as possible, but some of the pricier parts I will probably be willing to use used if my budget forces me to ( spindle are my main concern here).

As you may be able to see from the pics, the front center of the deck has been knocked back quite a ways ( looks like PO centered a concrete driveway/ sidewalk edge, or one stout survey corner stob. 

Any suggestions about straightening the front edge would be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of you would have the center front wheel bracket on a junk deck that you would be willing to cut off and sell to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

20210513_161011_HDR.jpg

20210513_160940.jpg

20210513_160947.jpg

20210513_161021.jpg

20210513_161053.jpg

20210513_161047.jpg

20210513_161040.jpg

Edited by Horse Newbie
Misspelling
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Rob R
      By Rob R
      I have a  WH 310-8 Mower Deck, Tach-a-Matic 42” Toro Model 05-42MS-05, Triple Blade (1981-83). One of the Mandel's (outer) will NOT take grease at the Zerk fitting have removed the Zerk tapped on it made sure hole and opening good etc. but to NO avail any suggestions here. Thanks 
    • Horse Newbie
      By Horse Newbie
      So for the last 5 to 6 months I have been working on getting my 1994 520H up to operating condition after buying it from a friends backyard a few years ago...now that I'm 99 percent done with the tractor I want/ have to get the 48 inch SD deck that came with it up to operating condition also.
      As you can see by the pics I have a lot of work to do/ full restoration...I have a few questions be fore I get started...
      1. Do the two wheels on the back of the deck control the cutting height ?
      2. Where/ who is a good source for parts ?...I would like to go back with as much new parts as possible, but some of the pricier parts I will probably be willing to use used if my budget forces me to ( spindle are my main concern here).
      As you may be able to see from the pics, the front center of the deck has been knocked back quite a ways ( looks like PO centered a concrete driveway/ sidewalk edge, or one stout survey corner stob. 
      Any suggestions about straightening the front edge would be greatly appreciated.
      Also if any of you would have the center front wheel bracket on a junk deck that you would be willing to cut off and sell to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

• woodbird007
      By woodbird007
      Thinning Herd
      2) 1974 B80 4 speeds 
      both run, one in need of rebuild
      sd 36” deck
      rd 36” deck 
      short frame dozer blade and mount
      extra wheels and tires
      $300 takes all 
      Kalamazoo, Mi area 
    • ToddA
      By ToddA
      I am Trying to find out if the Toro Deck 78353 will Fit On my 1975 C-160 Thanks For any Info Todd

• jay1
      By jay1
      I just noticed that my b80 (1975) deck is rusting out.  Is there a replacement deck that fits the B80.  Tractor is in great shape--had the engine replace several years ago.