Pullstart

D-180 Predator engine swap / mini project

82Caddy

All is well here. 

2” square tubing with a washer or two gets the engine super close on height to line up with the hydro pump. 

Speaking of the hydro pump, it’s splined or at least should have been - depending if it’s been stripped or not. Mine was already stripped and had a keyway cut into it. I used a love joy connector to adapt to the engine. There is a flywheel adapter you can buy/make to make another shaft to get the flywheel adapter and lovejoy connector connected. Clear as mud? Honda gx630 (maybe it was the 670 - it’s been awhile since I did this) parts will fit the predator engine. 

exhaust - you’ll need to fab up some adapters or something for exhaust. I’m sure this is the least of your concerns. 

pto. Lots of 1” electric PTO options. Or you can use a pulley and have it be live all the time. 

throttle and choke cables were the stock ones…

I’ll see if I can dig up some pictures. I had them all at one point. That’s all I can think of at the moment. 

• Excellent 2

MikMacMike
11 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Just for FYI Kev a guy here has a older Yazoo for sale that I believe has a good running Kohler twin on it. Asking 700 for the whole mower but bet I could get it for alot less. Was thinking about a possible replacement for a KT19 on the Super C. 

20210507_084149[1].jpg

20210507_084158[1].jpg

Dang I like that motor, you know I have as far as I know never heard one running, well except on you tube and that could never do it justice. In my mind and what I have experienced with oposing cylender motors they are smother then our single threat thumpers right???? But I do often wonder, with some special balancing of the internals, Youd thing  an old "K" could possibly be somewhat smoother.......hmmmmm just a thought!

• Like 2

WHX??
18 hours ago, pullstart said:

A C-175 popped up on CL with a bunch of accessories for nearly half of that Yahoo, I sent him the link...

Saw that one 

.. over by the big lake? Was a nice B hood. 

EricF
On 5/7/2021 at 11:25 PM, MikMacMike said:

Dang I like that motor, you know I have as far as I know never heard one running, well except on you tube and that could never do it justice. In my mind and what I have experienced with oposing cylender motors they are smother then our single threat thumpers right???? But I do often wonder, with some special balancing of the internals, Youd thing  an old "K" could possibly be somewhat smoother.......hmmmmm just a thought!

First time you really work an opposed twin, there's an odd feeling that the exhaust is telling you it's working hard, but there's a lot less harsh vibration than you'd get with a one-lunger. It sure is more comfortable if you're going to be on the machine for a while. Twins can be a little louder at idle and under mild loads. When they're really working, there's a thump to the exhaust sound like nothing else -- enough to rattle nearby windows! To my ears, opposed twins have a much nicer sound under load than the drone that the v-twins all seem to make.