bc.gold

Alis Chalmers 720 Drive Belts

bc.gold

Anyone know a part number for the drive belts used on the Alis Chalmers 720 and Simplicity 9020. figured it would be a good time to replace them before the tractor is completely buttoned up.

I believe the PO or his mechanic has installed the incorrect belts.

Edited by bc.gold

gwest_ca

bc.gold
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Thanks Gary, for future reference the belts are a matched pair, 24" x .500" and they're available in Kevlar.

charging10

Ive bought belts/parts from Sandy Lake Implement, they are a old Allis Chalmers dealer, speak to Brenda, she is very knowledgeable about the garden tractors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

bc.gold
On 4/29/2021 at 5:50 AM, charging10 said:

Ive bought belts/parts from Sandy Lake Implement, they are a old Allis Chalmers dealer, speak to Brenda, she is very knowledgeable about the garden tractors.

Yes they still have all of the shop manuals.

At the time of this writing I had sold my Allis Chalmers 720 with the FEL and a host of other attachments, as of this afternoon I now own the tractor once again.

peter lena

@bc.gold  something  rarely mentioned on a belt replacement  , how easily  or difficult  does ANY ROTATIONAL PART MOVE ?  does your PTO DRIVE  SCREAM WITH INTENDED ACTION? personally , all my PTO  driven  attachments move easily by hand , at the belt driven  drive area . pulleys  rough / noisy ?  idler pulley bound up ?  regular service , correct  hi temp / hi stress  grease  is vital , but rare  on belt driven units , notice how many people are replacing the PTO clutch  plates ?  recently dropped my first deck , over to  plow blade , no grass build up under deck  , fine filed the blades , penetrating oil  soak down bottom of deck , angled up to wall , oil soak for months till spring , zero rust / rot , 550 DEG  flash point grease in every spindle , pulley . just a suggestion , pete 

• Like 1

bc.gold
On 11/9/2023 at 8:30 AM, peter lena said:

@bc.gold  something  rarely mentioned on a belt replacement  , how easily  or difficult  does ANY ROTATIONAL PART MOVE ?  does your PTO DRIVE  SCREAM WITH INTENDED ACTION? personally , all my PTO  driven  attachments move easily by hand , at the belt driven  drive area . pulleys  rough / noisy ?  idler pulley bound up ?  regular service , correct  hi temp / hi stress  grease  is vital , but rare  on belt driven units , notice how many people are replacing the PTO clutch  plates ?  recently dropped my first deck , over to  plow blade , no grass build up under deck  , fine filed the blades , penetrating oil  soak down bottom of deck , angled up to wall , oil soak for months till spring , zero rust / rot , 550 DEG  flash point grease in every spindle , pulley . just a suggestion , pete 

Yea was a good thing the new owner wasn't mechanically minded, gasoline engines won't run on water.

• Sad 1

bc.gold
On 11/10/2023 at 10:01 AM, bc.gold said:

Yea was a good thing the new owner wasn't mechanically minded, gasoline engines won't run on water.

spacer.png