Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Getting Ready For The Show!

HorseFixer

Nice setup Duke :thumbs: May I ask where you got the large WH head decal on the trailer? I'd like one of those for my shop. Hope you all have a safe trip!!!

Thanks,

Gene :ROTF:

Thanks Guys! :thumbs2: Gene All the Decals you see are made by Terry Dennis at Oneida Sign Co [oneida_sign@winco.net] they were all custom made for my Horse Hauler. Contact Terry he will fix ya up! :ychain:

854BLOWER015.jpg

854BLOWER016.jpg

stevasaurus

Duke...have a safe trip...maybe see you at the mich show in august...I still play a pretty good air guiter to "sultans of swing" :thumbs2: Looking forward to that and the pics from the show....be safe.

Gene_S

Thanks for the info Duke!!! When and where is the Aug. show in MI? I'm sure it's been mentioned on here but have missed it.

Thanks,

Gene :thumbs2:

CasualObserver

When and where is the Aug. show in MI? I'm sure it's been mentioned on here but have missed it.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=8651

Aug 1, 2009, Charlotte, MI, Eaton County Fairgrounds.

HorseFixer

Thanks Steve and Mean Gene! :ychain:

Well the past couple days have been a real pisser, the weather hasnt been the best. I have been dodging the raindrops in and out So I could to get the trailer lighting and brake controller installed. I finally finished it all up, All Conections Soldered, Shrink Wrapped, And Then I used self mending tape the kind that seals to itself and provides a 100% weathertight bond. Anyways got everything installed and thought I would go out and adjust the trailer brakes. Well I found out that the RV with the trailer going down the end of my driveway would drag the tounge of the 4" drop down hitch :thumbs2: So I gets this brilliant idea maybe I would put the wheel on my trailer and that would kinda like help support it while it goes down that incline right? WRONG damn near took off the whole fam damily off of there had to get a new wheel and cut about a 1" off my trailer jack to square it back up <_< So We end up having to put the RV on the street and then hook the trailer to it which is no big deal but now I know. SO which brings another question to mind,how big is that incline at the gate of the show? kinda has me to thinking.

Anyways after we get the rig on the street and hooked up we tested all light and things arer okey dokey so we took it for a test drive and all went well.As I thought the RV doesnt even know that trailer is back there of course with an 8.1 Liter Vortec engine with overdrive tranny I would think not. That all went well so today I picked up a spare for the Horse Hauler and found I couldn't mount the spare on the toung of the trailer so I had to mount it inside in the V part of the trailer which worked out great because that V is just wasted space anyways. Here Are Some Pics.

4" Drop down Hitch and 7 Wire RV Reciever Electrical Plug notice the boat type plug also in same rig. I like this plug system because you dont have to

look for an adapter you have both types with you!

2009WHSHOW.jpg

Tekonsha Electric Trailer Brake Controller Installed these things are really neat and worth the money they actually run dianostics

on them self and alert you to problems like loss of ground, tells you if the trailer is hooked up correctly, and gives you voltage and amperage readings.

2009WHSHOW025.jpg

2009WHSHOW030.jpg

Scraping the concrete with the 4" drop down tounge! I invented a few new words last night at the end of my driveway! The Wheel

Idea As A support was f**ked up Idea I admit! I wont do that again! Anyways I know what not to do again

2009WHSHOW034.jpg

Couldnt mount the spare on the trailer because there wasnt enogh room so had to mount it inside the trailer. :thumbs:

2009WHSHOW031.jpg

2009WHSHOW032.jpg

Suburban 550

One of the most bizzare stories I ever heard. :ychain: Just kiddin' buddy. :thumbs2: . The only way you're gonna overcome that problem is to do away with the stationary jack and replace it with a flip up type. The long overhang of the motorhome is gonna get you everytime. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

One of the most bizzare stories I ever heard. :thumbs:

What I thought was funnier was your story! The one where you said your trailer wheel got caught on the Rail Road Tracks and you tried to pull the

whole southern central railroad across the state! :ychain: After hearing that, I feel a whole lot better! :thumbs2:

Suburban 550

That was a bone jarring experience. :thumbs2: Only hope I have better luck with the new one.

KyBlue

That whole Scraping thing is exactly WHY I put thee fold away kind on my BBQ trailer... Since you can weld, that might be a good option for ya Duke..

Trailer Jack link deal

5k Capacity should be more than enough for that lil single axle trailer

HorseFixer
That whole Scraping thing is exactly WHY I put thee fold away kind on my BBQ trailer...

KyBlue

I dont run the website (man your picky :thumbs2: ) ...lol

IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

Thats the same one I have. Works great. Swings up and outta the way.. and is held there with a 1/2 Pin... Just requires you to weld the 'cup' that the jack pivots on to your tongue ...

chamjack

Duke, that set-up you have looks like you have a sponsored wheelhorse racing gig. Your pics never cease to amaze me with your attention to detail. :thumbs2:

Gene_S

Hi Duke, Is the wheel not removable? I had a jack like that on my Jayco camper and it had a wheel that was removable. Just a thought...

Thanks

Gene :thumbs2:

Coadster32

I thought I saw rust on the tounge of Duke's trailer. :thumbs2: Naaa, can't be. Not the Duke. I think I'll go get my eyes examined.

Suburban 550

Chris, I can bet money after readin' your post he'll be out there with the can of rustoleum and a paint brush. :thumbs2: I wonder if he knocked the paint off tryin' to cultivate his cement driveway with the tounge jack. :thumbs: :ychain:

HorseFixer

Thanks Chamjack :thumbs:

Gene yes the wheel is removable but that jack shaft sure sits down there a aweful long ways and Im afraid Im gonna knock it off. I purchased a side mount flip up wheel jack thingy a bulldog bolt on. That thing will need some additional fabrication because it is too long.

Chris ~ Yep thats rust on the toung due to a factory chitty paint job :ROTF: It just so happens yesterday while at rural king I got a 1/2 pint of gloss black! for touch up! :thumbs2: No need for an eYe eXaM!

Ray I wouldn't go there if I were you! Mr. Im gonna drag the Train Rail of the southern cental railroad accross the STATE of P.A. with my camper wheel jack! :ychain:

Pictures later!

Suburban 550

Duke, Now that's bein' down right nasty. :thumbs2: I'll never live that one down. :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Duke, Now that's bein' down right nasty. I'll never live that one down.

Ray I'm a firm believer in turn about is fair play! :ROTF: most especially when yer PALS! :thumbs2: an eYe for an eYe and tooth fer a tooth! :ychain: Boy I bet that was a Kodak moment! :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Well I took Ray's Suggestion and went and got a Bulldog side mount flip up Jack put my wheel on it and that Damn thing when On the hitch wouldn't let the wheel come down and latch so I could Jack it up! :thumbs2: that meant that the jack length would have to be shortened! well after giving it a hair cut it was so short it was kinda flimsy when I seen that I really got pissed!!!!!!! I told that jack laying there on the concrete! "YOU STAY RIGHT THERE I'LL BE RIGHT BACK"! so I went and got sluggo which is my 20 lb sledge hammer and I gave that $%#@$ a good fixin I mean real good! I waled on that thing till I was outta breath! The neighbor gal was looking out her window and later that night she told MJ "I don't think Bob should be working on that trailer" Well sometimes a man has gotta do what he's gotta do! tHE jACK iS aLL cRUMPLED uP bEYOND rECOGNITION But I feel alot better! :ROTF: So On to plan "B" I then took a look at my original jack and took some measurements and realized I didn't need that flimsy azz side mount jack at all and I just needed to cut off 2" off my original which is what I did. Now the hitch and ball on the stabbin cabin measures almost 5" and from the bottom of the jack underneath the trailer tounge to the top of the ball receiver is about 4" this means the jack stub will be about a 1/2" to 1" higher than the bottom of the hitch ball nut so I am in good shape now! And after I got that all fixed I gave it a good painting with PPG black and my air brush! :ychain: Lord knows I wouldn't want anyone to see a lil rust on my trailer tounge! :thumbs:

2009WHSHOW053.jpg

2009WHSHOW049.jpg

2009WHSHOW048.jpg

2009WHSHOW062.jpg

Suburban 550

Any pics of the beating ? :thumbs: Hope Sluggo did its job. :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Any pics of the beating ? Hope Sluggo did its job.

Ray, SLUGGO did me a mighty fine job! :thumbs: He came through again when I needed him most! :ychain: I have destroyed all evidence of the incident <_< I figured they take guys away for stuff like that! So I better watch my P's and Q's :thumbs2: