NYJack

Mower Deck won't move 312 Hydro

NYJack

Spring has sprung and I tried to cut the grass today.  Didn't seem to be working as it should then I realized the mower deck would not go up or down.  It is a 312 Hydro.  I don't have a manual and can't see where I would check/Add hydraulic fluid.  It runs and goes fine, so maybe low fluid is not the answer.  Does not appear to be any leaks.  It looks like the ram on the deck hydraulic cylinder appears to be  in the "out " position as the plunger rod showing is nice and clean and shiny.  Not sure if this is Up or Down but assume up.   Any help and advice greatly appreciated.  My lawn is too big to push mow.   Where can I download a manual for this model?  Thank you very much!

gwest_ca

Do you know the model year of your tractor?

Post the model number and serial number off the ID decal that is likely under the left side of the seat.

Failing that post all the numbers off the engine decal including the serial number.

NYJack

thank you!   Model 5112KE02

Serial 2000399

Ed Kennell

Are you saying the lift cylinder rod does not even attempt to move when you move the lift lever?      Does the lift lever seem like it is actually opening the valve?    Could a pin have fallen out of the lift lever linkage?

• Like 1

NYJack

Ed, you hit it........thank you11  But not out of the woods yet.  OK,  I went out, started it up and watched.  I always think it is the worse thing it could be.......  the ram is working, but deck not moving.  I looked more into it and there is a chain hooked to the lift bar with an eye bolt on the other end with an adjustable fitting that was just laying there.  It obviously needs to somehow hook up to the lever I can barely see moving when the ram moves.  I can see where a nub on the fitting may go into a hole in the lever, but it seems that it would just fall back out, no hole that I could see for a pin in the fitting.

On my old 120-8 with manual lift, there was a long stud on the lift lever that engaged a slot on the mower deck attachment, no chain.

Edited by NYJack

Ed Kennell

post-120-0-09844800-1411905742.jpg.b7feb8cf056ce11ab158227f5332036c.jpg

Oops, Garry has the correct one.     There should be a hole for the hairpin clip.     Note it goes in the rear hole in the lift lever.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Excellent 1

NYJack

THANK YOU GUYS!  THIS IS A GREAT PLACE!  I must have missed seeing the hole for the pin- under the tractor and trifocals can be difficult.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1