big red mower

pictures of pto hoop

big red mower

Hi I'm new to wheel horse and i have a question.

I just bought a 520h with a snow blade and a 60" deck, but it didn't have the bracket or the hoop for the pto ,i ordered the bracket and related pieces.

Now my problem is does the triangular piece go on top or the bottom of that bracket that bolts to the engine? If it goes on top i don't have room or i have the wrong bracket.

1995 520H+96+97

image.png.5a45a79eea9534e7bd1d0a1de989c928.png

• Like 1

Achto
1 hour ago, big red mower said:

Now my problem is does the triangular piece go on top or the bottom of that bracket that bolts to the engine? If it goes on top i don't have room or i have the wrong bracket.

:WRS:

Here is a pic of the set up on my 520, kinda hard to get a good picture with the muffler in the way. Triangle piece is on the top on mine. Hope this helps.

IMG_20210414_182059508.jpg.f788cc1924a7b5c516beb0a919c2c624.jpg

The Tuul Crib

:text-welcomeconfetti:T😎:rs:

:happy-jumpeveryone::happy-jumpeveryone::wwp:

• Like 1

big red mower

I got it together,thank you very much 1995 520h+96+97 for your fast reply. I'm going to get the deck on tomorrow and hopefully cut some grass.

thanks again 

Big red mower

big red mower

Achto

The bracket that i got sets alot closer to the muffler than the one in the photo,Would it cause any problems mounted in the lower position?, It seems to work

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Big red mower

• Like 2

seuadr
9 minutes ago, big red mower said:

Achto

The bracket that i got sets alot closer to the muffler than the one in the photo,Would it cause any problems mounted in the lower position?, It seems to work

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Big red mower

Can you share a picture?

• Like 2

Horse Newbie
59 minutes ago, Achto said:

Triangle piece is on the top on mine. Hope this helps.

@big red mower  I'll jump in here and add my 2 cents worth...on the exploded view of the parts diagram it appears to me that the triangle shaped piece goes on the bottom of the bracket that bolts on the engine... 

@Achto may have thought that you were asking if the triangle shaped piece went on the top or bottom of the PTO hoop...

• Like 2

Lee1977

My bracket is mounted on the bottom side of the bracket. It's a 1989 520-H.

SAM-1337.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

big red mower

Mine is mounted like the pictures 

• Like 1

Tuneup

I'll play the part of your mom to say that you might need a little help wrestling that deck into place. That 60" is a beast.

• Like 2

peter lena

BIG RED MOWER , glad you found your answer , another glairing  thing for operation of mechanical movement operation , is LUBRICATION , aerosol or red tacky grease along with washers  to fill in the fitment gaps , makes for very easy function and most important gives you mechanical advantage. if its rusty , make it oily , just my own experience , pete 

• Like 3

Pollack Pete
57 minutes ago, peter lena said:

BIG RED MOWER , glad you found your answer , another glairing  thing for operation of mechanical movement operation , is LUBRICATION , aerosol or red tacky grease along with washers  to fill in the fitment gaps , makes for very easy function and most important gives you mechanical advantage. if its rusty , make it oily , just my own experience , pete 

AMEN to that.

• Like 1

big red mower
10 hours ago, Tuneup said:

I'll play the part of your mom to say that you might need a little help wrestling that deck into place. That 60" is a beast.

It wasn't too bad, I'm strong for my size, 6 feet 6 inch 345 lbs. 

I greased everything that moves

• Like 2