Tgalo

520 dash lights all on at once

Tgalo

I have a 520 that after 10-15 minutes of running all the lights on the indicator dash come on and the oil light is flashing, Is that probably the module it self? Thanks

gwest_ca

There has to be a timer circuit somewhere to turn the lights off and suspect it is in the module circuit board. There is no test switch on this model. If you look at the circuit board you may find an overheated component.

If the circuit that turns the module on was to loose power and then get it back I can see how it would reset the timer to start over. May be a dirty or loose connection.

Garry

1993 520-H indicator lights.jpg

Tgalo

Thought Id report back on this, it seems you might be right about the power interruption. When they all start flashing, I can wiggle the plug on the ignition switch and get them to go out or stall the engine. If I get it right the lights will go out. Im wondering if I have a ignition switch problem.

gwest_ca

Pull the connector off switch and see if any of the terminals are rusted or look to have been overheated. Also look at the terminal rivets for overheating which often leaves them loose.

Very common switch.

If there has been overheating the corresponding terminal in the connector should be replaced because they need to fit the switch tight.

Dielectric silicone grease is a good product to apply to both terminals to keep corrosion at bay. You can fill each cavity in the connector. The grease will not carry current so being sloppy does not hurt.

Garry