Sign in to follow this  
here 4 the horses

picked up another one today

here 4 the horses
newpics071.jpg

HorseFixer

Well the puzzle is somewhat coming together! :omg: That dash is out of a 702 of course that prolly where the gas tank came from also! a 633 does not have an AMP Gauge :drool: Geesh that tractor is cluster F*c* of scavenged parts! Boy doesn't that just piss ya off? It does me cause ya end up with a bucket of worms and cant go fishing in other words ya have a menagerie of parts but so much ya need to make it a complete tractor! <_< I have a couple myself that way so I know how ya feel. :drool:

CasualObserver
thanks guys on helping me figure out what this is!!..im planing on restoring but first i need to know what it is!!!

Jim_M

I like the 853 idea. It will have people scratching their heads.

There's a left side brake cover that will fit it on eBay right now.

here 4 the horses

I like the 853 idea. It will have people scratching their heads.

There's a right side brake cover that will fit it on eBay right now.

link??

here 4 the horses

i think im going to shoot for the 753..

linen beige

Jeff, Don't be discouraged by all the "incorrect" parts on this one.

If you're planning to restore it to "correct" show quality you may want to look for a more original tractor. However, if you are looking for a working roundhood, then refurbishing this one, with this engine, would pretty much give you the equivalent to an 854, which was probably THE MOST work capable round hood. I would still add the electric start/battery ignition for convenience.

here 4 the horses

Jeff, Don't be discouraged by all the "incorrect" parts on this one.

If you're planning to restore it to "correct" show quality you may want to look for a more original tractor. However, if you are looking for a working roundhood, then refurbishing this one, with this engine, would pretty much give you the equivalent to an 854, which was probably THE MOST work capable round hood. I would still add the electric start/battery ignition for convenience.

ok if i add the electric start and all that goo roo, dont i need a different shrowd?

bell

I agree, just have fun with it....

Here's my 633... It had a HH100 Tecumseh on it when I got it, so I decided to just have fun with it. It now has a starter/generator K181 and dual rear wheels... It may also be getting a 8-speed transmission soon.... You can modify them and still have them looking somewhat stock.

dualags_006.jpg

dualags_009.jpg

I did find a correct recoil start k141 for it and it runs perfectly, but I've had sooo much fun with it (the way it is) I'm just going to leave it alone.... I'm actually thinking about re-powering my 603 (H-60 Tecumseh) with it... :omg: I could always put it back original if need be... I just like the Kohlers better.

Also, if you're not doing a concourse (sp?) restoration, the 1-piece tank is a nice upgrade... Those 2-piece tanks can be a PITA....

linen beige

ok if i add the electric start and all that goo roo, dont i need a different shrowd?

That depends on whether you add the newer type starter and a ring gear flywheel or the older belt drive starter/generator that would look more correct on this model tractor. The newer type would need another shroud, the older type should work with this one.

Of the parts needed to convert it to electric start the shroud is probably the easiest to come up with. If you're considering doing a conversion you may look for a K-181S that has thrown a rod through the block.

Thanks for posting those pics JB. I was thinking about your 633 when I suggested redoing this one as a worker. For all the "incorrect for a 633" parts on yours it is still very much a Wheel Horse and quiet capable of working hard all day. :omg: