Sign in to follow this  
here 4 the horses

picked up another one today

here 4 the horses

havetn posted in a long time so i figured id give an update. today i went to rogers OH to a big ausction and they had about 15 horses and i was lucky enough to pick one up. another 633 it seems to be all there except the break side cover plate, and the seat isnt orig and the motor is a 181T dont think its orig??..141?......if anyone has a plate please let me know.... paid 85$ bucks and should have bought the deck but didnt and they only paid 15 for it :omg: ....oh well...tell me what ya think

newpics064.jpg

kmllkklkl.jpg

TJ

Looks pretty solid, and restorable. Good buy. :omg:

Suburban 550

Looks pretty decent. :omg: A good candidate for a complete restoration.

Kelly

Not bad most I find now days the hood is cut up, I'd say the hood was worth most of what you paid.

HorseFixer

15 Smackroos is a good price! :omg: now here is a chance to double your money, bring it to the show and Ill give you a $30 worth of pictures of dead Presidents. :drool:

Kelly

Duke he didn't get the deck, but it sold for $15, you don't need it anyway you had to put yours in cold storage, you'll have to add on.....

oldandred

Sell it to the duke for $200. and make some money OPPPPPPSSsss I forgot he knows how much you payed for it Owell tell him its a rare tractor

all joking aside it looks like a rebuildable tractor

good find :omg:

HorseFixer

Common you guys! Okay I fuc** this one up! I'm gonna blame it on the STROKE :drool: :omg:

here 4 the horses

does anyone know if this gas tank is orig??..and the motor also its a 181 shoudlnt there be a 141

newpics069.jpg

newpics070.jpg

newpics076.jpg

newpics073.jpg

Kelly

Yup gas tank is the right style used in 61 and 62 but 61's had a plastic face plate, the 63 and 64's used the 2 piece tank. and yes I think it should be a K141 elect. and pull start engine in it, the recoil may be orig.

Kelly

Opps I fu***ed up too, this is a 63 now I'm not sure about the tank????

here 4 the horses

ok thanks and yes i was wondering becasue my other one has the two piece tank..and yea it doesnt make sence becasue there battery cables there and amp gauge like there was a elec start in there but now just the recoil 181 does anyone know what models this 181 was in and how many HP??

Kelly

K181 is a 8hp

here 4 the horses

Opps I fu***ed up too, this is a 63 now I'm not sure about the tank????

how do you know its a 63?..and you can see where they cleaned the tank up real good idk...

HorseFixer

Jeff here are some pics of 633's in this link below mine is the last one on there.

Click Here for the 633 Pics Anyways on the K181 engine the first 8 hp used in a Wheel Horse tractor was in 1964 and was an 854 to me that was allways kinda weird because in 1963 the 953 had a 9.6 hp Kohler engine and a year later they came out with a tractor that had a 8 hp engine. Did Kohler even have a 8 hp engine in 1963? :drool: The seat on yers is a little screwy never seen a high back square pan on one :omg: maybe that was an option! :drool:

here 4 the horses

thanks guy appreciate it!!...and if anyone has a 141 for sale let me know otherwise i think ill just use the 181...would rather have the orig but oh well.

HorseFixer

Oh and by the way that tractor 633 has a two piece tank and has recoil start only not electric start. maybe that was an option but didn't come with it. Oh and one more thing that was the only 6hp tractor with a Kohler WH had! :omg: makes it kinda unique!

here 4 the horses

this one doesnt have a 2 piece tank what would that mean???....had it made??

linen beige

This is a '63 tractor with a '62 tank and what is probably the wrong belt guard. The two piece tanks were prone to leaking around the gasket on the bottom and the original was likely replaced with the one piece from a '62. It MIGHT be a very early '63 that was equipped with a leftover '62 tank? Is the serial # tag still on it?

The 633 used a Kohler K-141T recoil start (spec # 29102A) so would not have had battery cables originally. I think it's a good bet that this was really a 753 that has been repowered with a K-181T.

here 4 the horses

seriel 29299..........hm im sorta liking this becasue then i wouldnt have two of the same but either way....and how can you tell the belt gaured isnt orig?...

linen beige

Well the serial # tells me it isn't an early '63, they had 62- prefixes to the numbers. That means the tank has been switched.

Because of the battery cables and other parts that point to it having had electric start I don't think it was a 633. The belt guard itself is correct (the 633 and 753 both used part #4450.), it just has the wrong decal on it. I doubt if someone would have bought and applied an incorrect decal. It seems more plausable that they needed to replace a lost or damaged guard and when they found one from a 633 that fit they used it, incorrect decal and all.

It is also possible that this did start out as a 633 and has been converted to electric start at some point, such as when the one piece tank was installed. The tank could have come from a 702 along with the parts needed for a conversion. :omg:

here 4 the horses

so this could either be a 633 or a 702?

HorseFixer

Can ya Shoot us A Picture Of The Dash? That will help tell us something! :omg:

linen beige

so this could either be a 633 or a 702?

It is not a 702. This one definitely has a '63 frame, dash tower, hood, front axle, tie rods, lift quadrant, steering rods/gears, etc.

The fuel tank is from a '62. I was saying that since someone took a fuel tank from a '62 they may also have taken the wiring needed to convert it to electric start from a '62. They could even have used a 7 hp electric start engine from a '62 702, but that would make it a 753 ( the 702 and 753 used the same spec #). It could also be a 653 repowered with a Kohler. The 653 used an electric start Tecumseh and a different belt guard. That would explain the wiring and the reason for a Kohler belt guard. I can't see enough of the wiring to tell if it's wired for a Kohler or a Tecumseh. Maybe someone else can? As Duke said, a pic of the dash might help.

If I were refurbishing this one to use I would strongly consider rebuilding the K-181T that is now on it and equipping it with electric start. Then have TD whip up an 853 decal for the belt guard.

here 4 the horses

thanks guys on helping me figure out what this is!!..im planing on restoring but first i need to know what it is!!! so know were down to a 853??

HERE YA GO

newpics077.jpg