WheelhorseBob

Change in plans and a new direction.

WheelhorseBob

So I bought a C161 twin auto. It’s in very rough shape. I also have started a restoration on a 1978 C121. The 121is a nice tractor but needs a new hood or some welding to replace the rotted out metal next to the muffler. Speaking of muffler, the 121 has a poorly rewelded muffler. So my thought is, use the motor, hood, and fender pan from the 161 twin with the transaxle from the 121 8speed which I’ve already rebuilt. I’d also end up with a bunch of spares for my C161 Auto Kohler single. It would be a very nice black hood all done I think. Thoughts?

• Like 2

Daddy Don

Do it. Need pictures 

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Love the Black Hoods!

:ph34r:

• Like 1

953 nut

:wwp:              That is the beauty of working with Wheel Horses, so may parts from so many models will interchange.  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

oliver2-44
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:wwp:              That is the beauty of working with Wheel Horses, so may parts from so many models will interchange.  :handgestures-thumbup:

O’ the sacrifices one horse makes for the greater herd.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Sounds like you've got a decent combo of opposite worn parts. 

I'm all for saving as many as possible but sometimes one has to be sacrificial. 

So what would become of the Briggs twin?

Or the other 8 speed and frame etc...?

• Like 1

WheelhorseBob
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Sounds like you've got a decent combo of opposite worn parts. 

I'm all for saving as many as possible but sometimes one has to be sacrificial. 

So what would become of the Briggs twin?

Or the other 8 speed and frame etc...?

The plan would be to put the Briggs on the eight speed frame and transaxle. Then cover it with the black hood body parts. In the end it would be a c161 twin 8-speed. Did they actually build those? That is of course if the Briggs can be saved. It didn’t even have plugs in it when I picked it up. I’m gonna pull the heads and pan, inspect And if all looks good rebuilt the carb. If it cannot be salvaged I still have a very nice running Kohler 12!i can use. And I get a bunch of hydro parts to keep my favorite C161 Auto around for a long time. Btw got the tiller on the C161 today and man is it a beast!

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, WheelhorseBob said:

. Did they actually build those

Yepp. 78 and 79 I think.