CoatesBullyKennels

1963 model 953?? Im Clueless

Achto

:WRS:

953's are kind of sought after, in fact @953 nut has a big infatuation with them. The one you inherited looks very nice:handgestures-thumbupright:

Here are the manuals and attachment guides for your tractor.

If you can flush the fuel tank with it still on the tractor, this would be the easiest. Other wise you will have to remove the transmission in order to remove the fuel tank. This is one PITA item on the 953 and the next year newer model 1054.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

I'm gonna go ahead and save you some time and tag the 953 expert @953 nut

I'm not a 953 expert for the first two questions, but as far as tank cleaning goes there are a lot of options. If it's just rust you can fill it with evaporust and let it do it's thing. I've had luck with that. If it's varnished you can fill it with M.E.K and let it sit for a while to dissolve the varnish and then coat the inside the WD40 so it doesn't flash rust. Youtube has lots of videos for different ways on doing this. 

• Like 6

squonk

It's missing the headlights, seat back and has the wrong decals but why sell it unless you just plain don't want it. If I inherited something that nice from my Grandpa no way I'd get rid of it unless I was desperate.

IMG_2183.JPG.c79cb3a3004078215d96a7ee52fbdf14.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 3

Wheel Horse 3D
10 minutes ago, squonk said:

If I inherited something that nice from my Grandpa no way I'd get rid of it unless I was desperate.

:text-yeahthat:That's a VERY nice tractor! Snow blades are pretty common and I'm sure someone who's better than I can tell ya what it would take to install one.

squonk

I have a regular WH long frame blade on my 953. This blade has been on a C-160,704, 857, & 1267. You would need the rear axle hitch and a lift chain to install one.

• Like 2

rjg854
1 hour ago, squonk said:

If I inherited something that nice from my Grandpa no way I'd get rid of it 

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:  We like our “big wheel” tractors ‘round these parts!

If you decide to sell, I have a feeling you’ll end up regretting it.  It looks like Grandpa kept real good care of his old Horse!

58B8AC80-C836-4639-908D-8B3B6A6AA766.jpeg

E8AC0C20-6B71-4E2F-A03A-6144E6E85CC9.jpeg

C108F2D4-7F1E-4310-8A7E-03CD60883CEB.jpeg

5CB93E8A-73DA-46A0-ACD3-FC61BD6D4213.jpeg

31DFBD7F-9EBD-489A-926B-6126E3063A3B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Oldskool
3 hours ago, CoatesBullyKennels said:

Hello everybody.. Im new to this forum and im new to tractors lol.. So forgive me if i offend anybody with my lack of knowledge.

I inherited this wheel horse from my grandpa..1963 model 953 i think

(man shes pretty) but i know nothing about it..

i heard about this forum from a shade tree legend!! Guys dont let me down..

Questions

Should i sale it,if so whats a good price?

What piece do i need to put a push blade on front? 

Gas tank is a little rusty any suggestions??

Thanks for reading

20210403_124037.jpg

Welcome. Nice looking tractor. Dont be to quick to sell. You may regret it later.

953 nut
3 hours ago, CoatesBullyKennels said:

I inherited this wheel horse from my grandpa..1963 model 953 i think

(man shes pretty) but i know nothing about it..

Your Grandfather loved you enough to give you his :wh: pride and joy. Once you have driven it around and learned how well built they are you will begin to understand why he treasured it. The value is in the enjoyment and pride of ownership. The attached Wiki will tell you a a bit more about this model. The snow blade that was sold with the 953 was a 54" wide blade, is that what you have.

1432255999_953brochure.jpg.2b2ed6d4f630763b3bfeb70f58ff9731.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

oliver2-44

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Keep it in the family if you can!  get a trailer and take the kids for a ride around the neighborhood!

• Like 2

seuadr
14 hours ago, pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti:  We like our “big wheel” tractors ‘round these parts!

If you decide to sell, I have a feeling you’ll end up regretting it.  It looks like Grandpa kept real good care of his old Horse!

58B8AC80-C836-4639-908D-8B3B6A6AA766.jpeg

E8AC0C20-6B71-4E2F-A03A-6144E6E85CC9.jpeg

every time i see that green, i like it a little bit more.

• Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart
1 minute ago, seuadr said:

every time i see that green, i like it a little bit more.

Thanks!  I need to fashion an engine swap but don’t want to wreck that green :handgestures-thumbupright:

CoatesBullyKennels

Thanks for the advice and wisdom everyone!! I regret not being around my papa enough to soak up his brain.. but i have alot of memories and will be keeping this Wheel Horse in the family..

I brought her home today after having some work done... Still missing headlights and original seat.. Also someone painted the engine black, hard to believe that my papa would of did that.

Also I found these implements near me, I am going to check them out this week.. 

20210410_154404.jpg

20210410_154334.jpg

Screenshot_20210410-132426_Gallery.jpg

20210410_124521.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 4

D_Mac

Looks nice, I like the black engine. Will always look cleaner then a red one.

953 nut
2 hours ago, CoatesBullyKennels said:

i have alot of memories and will be keeping this Wheel Horse in the family..

:woohoo:                                                  :text-coolphotos:

The snow/dozed blade with axle bracket at $ 125 is a great buy, the hitch is priced right too. That is a great looking 953, glad you will be keeping it. @BOB ELLISON was making beautiful reproduction seats for the 953, he may be able to help you out.

oliver2-44

That snow blade and rear hitch is a good price. One item to verify as it’s a little hard to tell in the picture. On the left side of the frame where you see that little triangle, there should be a vertical lever about 2 ft long. It’s used to pull a pin back so you can angle the blade from the drivers seat. It attaches to a short vertical piece welded to the frame. The seller may have it removed as sometimes it’s easier to remove frame from tractor by removing that pivoting vertical lever.   If he doesn’t have it that might be a negotiating point on the price. Someone on here will have one or one of our vendors Ato Z tractor will have a used one. $125 is actually a good price for the blade and rear hitch even if it is missing the lever

• Like 1