slim67

York rake.... anybody have one?

slim67

I’m doing some yard work where one would come in handy. I see Agrifab sells one but not Brinly . I’ve used a category 1 rake and found it useful and would like to get on for my tractors.

• Like 1

Achto

Never had one, but I want one.

• Like 2

pfrederi

If you get one make sure it has trailing wheels does a much better even job.  This is a very old real york rake.  rial number.  When I called the company the guy said he had worked there 30 years and the serial number predated him.

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

DennisThornton

Really handy!  If you are prepping a lawn for seed or expecting some precision grading get the wheels as mentioned above, otherwise still great for just clearing an area of leaves, twigs and small rocks.  Some including the above have a drop down blade.

• Like 1

slim67
2 hours ago, pfrederi said:

If you get one make sure it has trailing wheels does a much better even job.  This is a very old real york rake.  rial number.  When I called the company the guy said he had worked there 30 years and the serial number predated him.

IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

Yes I read wheels make a huge difference and based on my experience using one without, I can see why. That looks like an extremely well built rake. So that is an actual York?

Lane Ranger
5 hours ago, Achto said:

Never had one, but I want one.

that is one attachment I always wanted to buy also!  I think the original ones worked very well from all the reports I have heard. Several companies made similar rakes but York madd the Cadillac lawn rake! 

image.jpeg.2f486e6e0921103109d03229bf2f278f.jpeg

image.jpeg.152abaf269c28aab647ca6016392a845.jpeg

At $1690.00 new I will never probably own one but I am pleased to see a lot of good rental equipment places do have them to rent out for use!!  I may try that to get the thrill of taking with one! 

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2

squonk

I've had 3 of them with the drop down blade. Could always sell them for big profit so I never kept one. @rjg854 has a nice one.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

rjg854

You mean this one

1917087582_IMG_20200819_1658552.jpg.68a2580398bcd6ea7d713158cfe9eccf.jpg

It's 6 ft wide with the drop down grader blade. And you can adjust how deep it will dig. You can even adjust it so one side will dig deeper than the other side, besides angling left and right.

Edited by rjg854
Add
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

slim67
2 hours ago, rjg854 said:

You mean this one

1917087582_IMG_20200819_1658552.jpg.68a2580398bcd6ea7d713158cfe9eccf.jpg

It's 6 ft wide with the drop down grader blade. And you can adjust how deep it will dig. You can even adjust it so one side will dig deeper than the other side, besides angling left and right.

That's nice but a little big for my needs. It looks sturdy though.

rjg854

It's bigger than what I wanted. I couldn't beat the price though @$400.  Every 4 footer I looked at was closer to $1000.00+   I've got a 1/4 mile driveway so it still does the job, quicker, and it's nice that it only takes 2 passes to do the width of the driveway.  The guy I bought from just wanted it gone, because it was so wide.  Barely fit on my trailer, and the trailer is a 6 1/2'x12'.

• Like 1