Sign in to follow this  
"Manic-Mechanic"

Model 1-0150 800 Special

"Manic-Mechanic"

I started this project and had been on the back burner. I have decided to pick up where I left off.

Now I salvaged this tractor not really knowing what it is. At first sight thought it was an A 90 Special.  Then the tag said otherwise.

(Obviously the hood stand is next in line for re-paint)

91E0FA3E-556F-4EDE-B164-711C9D3C50E1.jpeg

I stripped it down and rebuilt what is there, including the peerless. Decided a K241AS with compression release on a cradle would be nice, as it was just on my shelf!

AC758EC0-1C81-499A-B11E-E57B4ACFDB5E.jpeg

The kohler is a 12v battery conversion. I know the flywheel is heavy but hoping that'll not be an issue.

(Any input from someone familiar with a battery conversion is welcomed greatly!)

32B132E8-3BEE-4A4D-922C-055838D4D3E5.jpeg

However, I have no idea what a generator starter engine will do mounted on a cradle, a bit on the heavy side.

Plus the style of PTO used in conjunction not dis-similar to my C-141, the hood stand & cradle already designed for that.

D64DAD49-96A3-452D-8E39-8F88440191B1.jpeg

The drive belt may be an issue depending on the drive pulley I go with?

I have a sleeve on the drive shaft to move up but may just stick to 1", all depends on the drive pulley I have on the shelf.

Also went with the old foot rests. 

5E624D11-3C48-4F52-8E4E-38EA05AABD03.jpeg

Seems as though Wheel Horse just had a pile of left over parts whenever this machine was introduced.......(Also, I am aware this steering wheel is not correct, just being used to push her around!) 

Actually not that it matters as after all this is not a factory restoration! I can add to this post as I go, excited to see the end results!

Edited by oldman
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 1