Peter in NH

Creative muffler replacement for 314-8

Peter in NH

The muffler on my 314-8 is shot and I don’t want to ante-up $250 for a new one! I remember seeing some cool custom exhaust systems somewhere and am asking for photos of what you’ve done and what parts you used.

Thanks, Peter

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Some use this cub cadet muffler available on amazon/ebay for around $50

image.png.4be11ca7a8a35f5a89103428b9eb56a7.png

A member on here Jimmy Kemp makes/sell these very nice heavy duty stacks for roughly $100-$120

317571902_jimmykempstack.jpg.5e086d74175e01411c5f841e3c180ec4.jpg

• Like 5

pacer

That Cub muffler is really a good deal not only for the price under $50, but it is VERY adaptable and can be made to fit many (most??) of the horses with minimal effort, plus it has good "tone" 

Here it is adapted to a K341 on a D160 

image.png.8b74323c1b1a3ec10d8f4b31b3c8bc40.png

• Like 4

ebinmaine

Peter if you're looking to replace the muffler that you have you can probably get a used one somewhere like A To Z Tractor in Pennsylvania.

It's also possible that yours may be rebuildable or repairable if you have access to a welder.

Are you looking for a stack? Underbody? Something big? Something small....

@OldWorkHorse and @Stepney both have recent photos of work they have done.

On my own Cinnamon Horse c-160 I have one of the above mentioned Jim mufflers but with a very tall outlet. Like it quite a lot.