Sign in to follow this  
steven

1962 R62 yard ranger

steven

I have the chance to purchase a 1962 R62 yard ranger, runs like a top and there will need to be some cosmetic work done. My question is is it worth $275? only the hood will need work done to it. any advise will be great.

CasualObserver

Umm... what's the model?

1962 models were: 502, 552, 702, 32R and 32E. Since you're calling it a ranger, I'm going to guess you mean either a 32R or 32E which were the Lawn Ranger models. The R model was a Recoil start and the E model was an Electric start. 1962 was the first year for the Lawn Ranger series.

As for the price... hard for anyone to say. Pricing is too dependent on many, many variables. Location, availability, condition, potential reconditioning expense... and most importantly... the "want it" factor. How bad do you want it? Is it worth that to you? :omg:

steven

well, guess i dont know the model number, thought the r62 was the model number. I seen a picture of it from an add on craigslist, ill ask the guy more questions.

Sparky

Link the Craigslist ad here and one of us will ID it for ya from the picture.

Mike...........

Sparky

I dug around the Ohio Craigslist stuff and found this. Its definitely a Lawn Ranger but I'm no expert on these so someone else will have to give you its correct year.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/grd/1188085982.html

Mike........

steven

the post number is 1188085982 that will take you to his ad

steven

thanks sparky i dont know how to link stuff, that is the right add

CasualObserver

Cool, nice little project, and it already has a nice upgrade with the Kohler engine on it. Probably worth the $275 to some people, but personally if I were attempting to purchase it...I'd shoot for something lower than that. He even said it's been welded on a little, extra angle iron and the hood needs work. Worst he can do is say no... and you never know until you throw a number out there. Like I said before... the most important piece in determining a value is the "want it" factor! Good Luck.