Sign in to follow this  
bell

wheelin' and dealin

bell

Saturday, I loaded up some stuff to take to the local flea market/ swap meet to try to make some money so I can go to the WHCC show...

I decided to put together a tractor to sell...

This non-runner 633 was my victim.

sundaypics014.jpg

It took me about 3 hours and I had this... (only using spare parts that I had lying around)

A running/ driving 633 with a S/G K181 and AGs all around...

tradedays5_31_006.jpg

I also loaded up the 1054, hoping that someone would buy it and releive my misery... lol

I brought along the RJ and the 633 dually for something(s) to cruise around on...

For some odd reason, people just weren't buying this weekend...

BUT, a couple hours before I was planning on leaving, a older gentleman came up and wanted to buy the 633 that I pieced together. We negotiated a price and he paid... We sat there talking about horses for awhile and our discussion turned to the RJ... I told him that I really didn't want to sell it, but $XXX would take it home. He said that if I took the 633 back, he'd take it! I debated it for a minute or 2, but then I realized that it would pay for the whole WHCC show trip, with plenty to spare!!! So, I am now RJ-less, but I have plenty of money to go to the show!

I happened to find a few goodies there too... A pretty nice 8" Brinly plow

tradedays5_31_004.jpg

A FRANKENSTEIN round hood... It has a square hood frame and 1962 Lawn Ranger "body"... with a 7hp aluminum Briggs... It runs fantastic and is a WHEELIE PULLING BEAST!!! :drool:

tradedays5_31_005.jpg

And, another round hood '62 tractor... It has a HH60 with electric AND recoil start... and supposedly runs great. The transmission is locked up and the shifter is broken off... It seems to have GREAT compression and spark though... He said that he went to move it in the winter and the shifter broke off... Possibly a good engine for my 550!!! :drool:

tradedays5_31_003.jpg

tradedays5_31_007.jpg

tradedays5_31_002.jpg

I also picked up a good running H60 that came off of my old Commando 6... the guy bought it from me last year, took it home and re-powered it with a Briggs or something.

tradedays5_31_001.jpg

While I will miss the RJ, it wasn't really "mine" anyhow... I hadn't done ANY of the work to it, and I really take pride in doing the work myself... I'll find another one someday, hopefully in dis-repair and rusty... lol

All I know now is, I'M GOING TO THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :omg:

HorseFixer

Good sometimes ya got to give a lil to get a lil youll find another RJ JON there around the main thing is yer makin the show! :omg:

bell

That's kinda what I was thinking Duke... I was getting pretty stressed about wether or not I was going to have enough $ to go... Now, it's not an issue! :omg:

TJ

Sounds like everyone came away a winner. Congratulations, and I hope to meet you there. :omg:

bell

I also got these little jewels... I forgot about them until I opened my tailgate today... lol

a pair of 12"x9.5" wheels... They are HEAVY duty! :omg:

wheels.jpg