bc.gold

Alis Chalmers

bc.gold

Just a share picture from today's trip into the city.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

Achto

I really like the style of the hoods on that model. Specially the headlight placement. Tough looking tractors!

• Like 2

Pullstart

I saw two Wheel Horses last night in my trip to the city!  It was pretty cool, one looked like a roller/resto going on.  Rylee and I were on the bike, learning about shifting up and down for speed and braking.  Well one of us was learning, one of us spotting tractors!  :wh:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

horseyheaven

Allis-Chalmers/Simplicity are the only other brand I use besides Wheel Horse.  They are a really tough garden tractor that are built heavy.  When I was younger, my Dad, my uncles, and myself would have “pull offs” on a smooth garage floor for fun.  I had a C160 with 42” deck, Dad had an old B112 Allis with a 48” deck.  My uncles had a variety of garden tractors from Wheel Horse to Cub to JD.  Nothing would pull that old Allis.  It won every pull.  It did not have loaded tires, but my C160 did.  I eventually added Wheel weights to mine as we got more competitive.  We also moved to the lawn for a different surface because my uncles complained that the result would be different.  Nope.  The old AC would drag everyone backwards.  I have grown up on both Wheel Horse and AC/ Simplicity and I like them both equally.  Now, my kids love to try to pull me and I am really enjoying doing this with them.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
49 minutes ago, pullstart said:

I saw two Wheel Horses last night in my trip to the city!  It was pretty cool, one looked like a roller/resto going on.  Rylee and I were on the bike, learning about shifting up and down for speed and braking.  Well one of us was learning, one of us spotting tractors!  :wh:

Kevin, glad to hear you spotted some tractors.   :confusion-confused:  Was Rylee able to give you some good pointers about shifting?  :ROTF:

• Haha 5

Pullstart
17 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Kevin, glad to hear you spotted some tractors.   :confusion-confused:  Was Rylee able to give you some good pointers about shifting?  :ROTF:

As much as I long to take a motorcycle ride with one or more of my kids, we’ll stick to giving the pointers to the youth for now :handgestures-thumbupright:  :lol:

• Haha 2

seuadr
1 hour ago, horseyheaven said:

Allis-Chalmers/Simplicity are the only other brand I use besides Wheel Horse.  They are a really tough garden tractor that are built heavy.  When I was younger, my Dad, my uncles, and myself would have “pull offs” on a smooth garage floor for fun.  I had a C160 with 42” deck, Dad had an old B112 Allis with a 48” deck.  My uncles had a variety of garden tractors from Wheel Horse to Cub to JD.  Nothing would pull that old Allis.  It won every pull.  It did not have loaded tires, but my C160 did.  I eventually added Wheel weights to mine as we got more competitive.  We also moved to the lawn for a different surface because my uncles complained that the result would be different.  Nope.  The old AC would drag everyone backwards.  I have grown up on both Wheel Horse and AC/ Simplicity and I like them both equally.  Now, my kids love to try to pull me and I am really enjoying doing this with them.

yeah i've always thought they looked pretty stout. they don't pop up often around here. the tube frame bolens seem to be popular as well.

WHX??

I baby sat one for my nephew for a short time and was a beast but a bear to work on. Dan and I got a buddy that is into the older ones and I hate to admit they are cool little tractors. 

2 hours ago, pullstart said:

one looked like a roller/resto going on

Shoulda stopped introduced yerself and said "what goin on here!" 

• Thanks 1

Pollack Pete

VERY well built tractors.The bigger AC farm tractors are hard to kill too.I   have a Case model 446 with a 16 horse Onan and all hydraulic drive.That's a tough little beast too.I kinda like all small tractors..........OK,big tractors too.

bc.gold
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I baby sat one for my nephew for a short time and was a beast but a bear to work on. Dan and I got a buddy that is into the older ones and I hate to admit they are cool little tractors. 

Shoulda stopped introduced yerself and said "what goin on here!" 

I did, no one home.

The AC must have came after the google street view mobile went through town.

spacer.png

bc.gold

Was making a trip into Brandon MB to cash in my penny treasure, decided to go off the pavement. Still trying to relocate that 63 ford pick up truck, I did manage to find the property it was sitting on but it's gone. Hoping the farmer relocated the truck did manage to get the owners name from another local farmer.

Then a couple of miles later stopped a shot some pictures of this old Massey which is actually a Minneapolis Moline in disguise.

Couldn't pass a landfill with out stopping in, small general electric repulsion induction motor, 8 PC towers 2 laptops and some other goodies.

Passing through Rapid City the orange AC jumped out at me.

Brandon, bank for the coin counter then over the Princes Auto our Canadian equivalent to Harbor Freight to purchase a one inch portable gas powered water pump to be used for a gold recovery experiment.

Took a different route coming home when this old McCormick wanted to have its picture taken.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

bc.gold
3 hours ago, bcgold said:

63 ford pick up truck

Scrap man hauled it away, no longer available.